Player Discussion Sabres sign G Carter Hutton to a 3 Year Deal with $2.75M AAV

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
In looking at his contract, sending him to the AHL saves more than buying him out this summer. let UPL, Ullmark, Hutton, and JJ battle it out for the two spots in camp. The losers go to Rochester.

or go out and get someone to pair with Ullmark that can play average NHL hockey

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
We hired ol’ Hutton
to be shuttin
the door
Didn’t know Carter
Couldn’t starter
Now what’d we hire him for?
He can’t stop a beachball
Filled with helium
He just let the season go by
I’m f***ing done.

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012
Should've known we were in trouble when he couldn't even beat scrambled eggs Okposo at ping pong. Where's the reflexes!? :sarcasm:

Among goalies with over 1,000 minutes played Hutton is pretty much dead last in save percent. Can't even say its the defense because Ullmark has been great. I don't want to see this loser next season even as a backup.

Reactions: Dirty Dog

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
He is just trash
Yeah, I watched the highlights (lowlights?) this morning as I can’t bring myself to suffer through games right now. Hutton was hot garbage in every clip I saw, just abandoning all coaching and form in favor of a highly emotional, panicked game. It sucks to see, but we’re seeing it and need to not be seeing it.

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
And as much as his numbers are very similar to Lehner, this is clearly about getting the locker room back in working order. They're introducing two new goalies who may not be great (we don't even know if they are going to be good as Sabres, that will come in time) but who are both well regarded by their previous teams as incredible influences in the locker room. Players like these guys, and it's know that these two both like their teammates and team success. That is what the bonus is in this. It may not be any bounce in GAA or SV%, but it could very well be a bounce in how the team performs in front of them.

Seems like this turned out to be wrong. :biglaugh:

Just think, there is another year on this deal.

Reactions: Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
Seems like this turned out to be wrong. :biglaugh:

Just think, there is another year on this deal.

At least he should be able to be buried in the AHL and provide some leadership in Rochester to UPL. He seems to be a good locker room guy. He should take Hammond’s spot

debaser66

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2012
They should wave him like Bogo.
He shouldn't be on the team next year.
You cannot keep atricious players just because they re liked in the room.
By dressing Bogo & Hutton they probably cost this team a playoff spot.

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
I had a dream where I was home alone. And someone knocked on the door. I opened the door and let them in. They punched me in the face and left.

minutes later, someone knocked on my door again. Again, I opened it. Punch.

this happened six times, and I just kept letting them in.

I looked in the mirror, and BAM, Hutton stared back at me and said “can’t stop them all!”

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
Would've been a great guy to trade off to a team looking for backup goaltending, if only we had cap space where we could've retained.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad