Player Discussion Sabres sign G Carter Hutton to a 3 Year Deal with $2.75M AAV

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
I didn’t know that.

And I bet you didn’t either until you google’d his name.

Google is too much work. :laugh: The pros use context menu search addons.

cms.jpg

SabresSharks

Oct 2, 2007
A mentor for Ullmark. Insurance if Ullmark doesn't develop into a starter. Reasonable contract, not too long a term. Sounds like an excellent teammate. Not a head case. Can stop a shootout attempt. It's rumored he can even hug the post!

What's not to like? Thanks, Botts.
What moron posted this shite?

It's no comfort that I have loads of company itt.

Archie Lee

Apr 13, 2018
Viewed in isolation, yesterday's performance by Hutton could be dismissed as a game that he just needs to "put behind him". His team didn't help him and he didn't help his team by making any game changing saves.

Viewed in the context of the last several performances though, it is difficult to understand why the Sabres don't make a move. Right now, Hutton is not performing at an NHL level. It hasn't been for a week or two that he has been faltering, it's been over 2 months now.

How would the Sabres be damaged at this point by waiving Hutton and recalling Hammond?

Krueger has made a nice attempt to sell the current goaltending situation as the ascension of Ullmark to the #1 role. The reality is that Ullmark has been very average. If anything, Ullmark has proven that he is indeed a good and reliable back-up level NHL goalie. Hutton, on the other-hand, has seen his game fall off a cliff.

Trading for a goalie at this point of the season may not be practical. It is inexcusable though to not make an in-house move. This is precisely why the Sabres signed Hammond. With Johansson being the most experienced minor league goalie on the roster they needed a veteran back-up to start in Rochester and to be available for a recall if they had a need at the NHL level. Make no mistake, there is a current need at the NHL level.

Ehran

Sponsor
Feb 2, 2019
Texas
I mean, didn't we sign the goalie whisperer coach this offseason who was supposed to stop this crap from happening?

Member 308457

Seems to me that Hutton has lost confidence in himself and the team and the team has lost confidence in him. Not sure that confidence is ever coming back, at least in Buffalo.

Reactions: joshjull

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
Sorry, but this guy deserves a(nother) bump. He is having one of the worst seasons from a Sabres goalie since I can remember.

He is undeniable ass.

He cannot be on the roster next year.

Reactions: Cheese Breadman

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
In looking at his contract, sending him to the AHL saves more than buying him out this summer. let UPL, Ullmark, Hutton, and JJ battle it out for the two spots in camp. The losers go to Rochester.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad