Confirmed with Link: Sabres sign Dman IIya Lyubushkin (2 years, $2.75 AAV)

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
I just wanted to write about a thought I had. I know there will be lots of defenders of an injured player.

Just wondering when Lyubushkin is going to be a regular in the lineup.

Reminds me of when Craig Rivet questioned why Lyubushkin needed to leave the game after being tapped by Taylor Hall.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
I just wanted to write about a thought I had. I know there will be lots of defenders of an injured player.

Reminds me of when Craig Rivet questioned why Lyubushkin needed to leave the game after being tapped by Taylor Hall.

Probably when he will be healthy, weird question.

Reactions: BuffaloGooner

beerme1

Jun 27, 2011

I take it you don't like the player? That clip is obviously a joke. I'm not defending him. He's out cause he's blocked a few shots that hurt.
That's all. No fandom from me and no dumping on him from me. I want to see more from him. the old saying about availability is true. However, in his case, he came back from being shot at and got got shot at again.

I've got time to see how his game comes into form for us on the third pairing D.
But your words and that clip seem to indicate you have a bit of a chip on your shoulder for him.
What about Sammy? Missed a few games and really hurt the team by being out.
What about Joker being and it hurt the team. What are your thoughts there?
I'm guessing you can find a soft injury clip on Joker but doubt it on Sammy.

Reactions: Chainshot

DustyZ

Dec 2, 2022
I take it you don't like the player? That clip is obviously a joke. I'm not defending him. He's out cause he's blocked a few shots that hurt.
That's all. No fandom from me and no dumping on him from me. I want to see more from him. the old saying about availability is true. However, in his case, he came back from being shot at and got got shot at again.

I've got time to see how his game comes into form for us on the third pairing D.
But your words and that clip seem to indicate you have a bit of a chip on your shoulder for him.
He's a bad penalty away from happening every shift

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012

I want to see more from him. It's true, I like my Sabres players who are available to the team.

Listen to Craig Rivet who played through a lot of pain in his NHL career. He now regrets a lot of it, but wouldn't go back and change a thing. He has also talked about a Montreal teammate who would pull himself out of the lineup if he was dinged up a little bit and wasn't 100%. Listen to players who say most of them are dealing with something every season. So I guess I was questioning Lyubushkin's definition of "healthy".

Should fans expect players to play through some pain? And I think I probably know the answer: every player is different and fans don't have the right to question it.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
I want to see more from him. It's true, I like my Sabres players who are available to the team.

Listen to Craig Rivet who played through a lot of pain in his NHL career. He now regrets a lot of it, but wouldn't go back and change a thing. He has also talked about a Montreal teammate who would pull himself out of the lineup if he was dinged up a little bit and wasn't 100%. Listen to players who say most of them are dealing with something every season. So I guess I was questioning Lyubushkin's definition of "healthy".

Should fans expect players to play through some pain? And I think I probably know the answer: every player is different and fans don't have the right to question it.
Didn't he play? He had a great start to the season and then got injured. Do you know what kind of injury? And I don’t know how much it prevents him from playing, but he continued to play with an injury, he couldn’t even train normally. Ilya is not the kind of guy who will just miss games and training because of a bruise. I think you are wrong.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
Didn't he play? He had a great start to the season and then got injured. Do you know what kind of injury? And I don’t know how much it prevents him from playing, but he continued to play with an injury, he couldn’t even train normally. Ilya is not the kind of guy who will just miss games and training because of a bruise. I think you are wrong.
I could be very wrong. Probably because it's too early to judge his season. And I should probably give him the leash of the entirety of his contract.

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
Boosh was clearly playing hurt after the first shot block, we just couldn't afford to leave him out so he played through it. After he blocked the second shot they (correctly) are letting him properly and fully heal now that we have some health on our side.

Bendium

Oct 18, 2019
Over the last couple years the Bills and Sabres coaching and medical staffs have shifted to a more conservative protocol for player return. They would rather play the depth players that are fully healthy than a not fully healed starter. Depth gets more gametime and development for when you need them later, and vets/starters can give you their best when you need them. The problem for the Sabres is they don't have the depth to stay competitive.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

So Rivet is tacitly implying that Lyubushkin is soft without knowing any information. Sounds like him.

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
Does Rivet ever mention how the Sabres traded him and immediately went on a miraculous run to make the playoffs? Topped by being thrown out of his final game for boarding Tyler Ennis?

1point21Gigawatts

hell's a gigawatt?
Apr 7, 2010
The future
Does Rivet ever mention how the Sabres traded him and immediately went on a miraculous run to make the playoffs? Topped by being thrown out of his final game for boarding Tyler Ennis?
splitting hairs, but CBJ claimed him off of waivers. He just sort of....faded away. It was weird.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad