Confirmed with Link: Sabres sign Aaron Dell 2way contract (1yr, $750/350K)

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
I never really understood pad designs. Just make them as white as you can so the shooter, with split second decisions, see white. Whether it's the pad or the boards behind the pad is an advantage for the goalie. Same goes with the ice and pad seal. The inside of the leg pad and the front of the pad nearest the 5 hole should just be white.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Until 30 is retired it is fair game, imo. And I'm a huge Miller fan.

Just because you can do something does not mean that you should do something.

Dell has worn #32 before. He would have saved himself a lot of grief if he had chosen that number.

UND%20goalie%20Aaron%20Dell%20deflects

Sansbacon

Sep 26, 2006
Westchester, NY
Ya know, this really shouldn’t piss me off so much, and yet…

If it were a legitimate #1 goalie wearing it, I’d be less upset. And yet…

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
The amount of unforced errors with this front office is something else. I personally don’t think its a big deal but many fans will very much feel it is.

This one is such a brain cramp because this happened with Neuvirth and to a lesser extent with Houser last training camp. And given Miller's retirement and all the love the video he did after Power got drafted, it is just....

:help:

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
The amount of these small unforced errors with this front office is something else. I personally don’t think its a big deal but many fans will very much feel it is.
You can think it's not a big deal but here is why I feel it is: it's symptomatic of the organizational lack of competence and care that has turned this one proud franchise into just about the biggest disaster in all of pro sports. If you botch all the little things it shouldn't be a shock when you botch all the big things as well.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
I don't think it is a big deal. It bothers me more when they spell names wrong.

flashsabre

Apr 5, 2003
Visit site
Who cares if someone wears #30? Miller was not a franchise defining player. I mean can no one wear 26 because of Vanek or no one wear 6 because of Housley?

Reactions: Jacob582

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
You can think it's not a big deal but here is why I feel it is: it's symptomatic of the organizational lack of competence and care that has turned this one proud franchise into just about the biggest disaster in all of pro sports. If you botch all the little things it shouldn't be a shock when you botch all the big things as well.

What I don’t think is a big deal is Dell himself picking #30. Its available and he likes it.

The Sabres not having the awareness that this decision will not be viewed favorably by a lot of fans is baffling. If nothing else they could head off Dell getting grief for picking the number.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad