Confirmed with Link: Sabres sign Aaron Dell 2way contract (1yr, $750/350K)

DeadGhost

Ugistered Reger
Feb 15, 2010
As a Sharks fan, I will say that Dell performed well when given the opportunity to start consecutive games. Obviously, he's not a true #1 by any means but he was pretty damn serviceable when Martin Jones was out for stretches. If the Sabres do some sort of a "hot hand" timeshare then Dell could surprise you a bit.

debaser66

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2012
His numbers are in-line with NHL backup numbers, save for last season on a trash Devils squad. He is, at a minimum, an upgrade over Houser, maybe Tokarski as well.
you think this team can compete with last years Devils squad?

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
I suspect that Anderson and Dell will start but UPL will get his opportunity. Not really worried. Luukonen looked pretty good in the time he got last year.

WiHockeyGuy

Jan 6, 2017
The Dairy State
His Save% over the last three seasons in the NHL is sub-.900.

His is a reclamation project. That’s why he got a two-way deal.

One of those "seasons" amounted to 7 total games. Not a sample size anyone should care about.

The last full season he played he had a .907 SV% in 33 games. I'd call that more representative of his overall career.

He is an NHL backup, by the numbers. Maybe he is on the decline, but we don't have nearly a large enough sample size to say that.

And if he is, he gets sent to Roch. Easy peasy.

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
I saw deer antlers right away and now I can’t unsee them. Still some nice looking antler pads though.

1-x-men-origins-wolverine-faqsmovies-igncom.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad