Post-Game Talk: Sabres/Refs 5 Leafs 2

GQS

Aug 2, 2005
Its definitely not all Freddy's fault, BUT if the boat is leaking you definitely can't rely on him to stop the boat from sinking. With the current version of Andersen that we're seeing, I'm having a hard time believing even Tampa could do well with him in net.

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
I just want someone to explain to me how Leafs have less PP's than PPs for the opposition with the style of game they play. I might recommend they start going down easier. Have to play the game unfortunately, it's getting absurd.

Andersen kept them in the game in the first 2 periods. Sabes get those horrible momentum shifting PP's, 3 of them, Leafs get the useless PP when the game is out of reach (as predicted).

Another lost opportunity. They didn't bring their A game, but the reffing in this league has been pretty bad the last couple of years. Chara cross checks a guy in the face, and he doesn't even get a penalty let alone a suspension, and anytime Muzzins stick is around some Sabres players skate and they pretend they can't stay on their feet, he is in the box.

Refs aren't the reason they lost, but they deflated the Leafs tonight, and I saw at least one Sabres play that didn't get called. As with the Sabres PP when it was 2-2, making that call for the Leafs could have been a game changer.

The inconsistency of the Leafs AND the refs, is frustrating to watch.

Feb 24, 2004
Look, of course we're just an above average team. Not even the blindest of homers think differently.

But the refereeing tonight was an absolute train wreck. Not one of those three penalties was a call, and Buffalo fans, feel free to wade in here and defend them since I know you're lurking anyways.

Amidst the missed calls, there was one shorthanded that flew under the radar. Puck was dumped past the Sabres D and Kapanen was clearly going to win the race to it for a breakaway. Sabres D bumped him off stride. Light contact, sure, but it's EXACTLY the type of call that was emphasized as a penalty post-2005 lockout. If anyone has the clip, it'd be appreciated.

Reactions: Palio

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
The refs were making blatantly shady calls. The timing of the calls, the one sidedness of the calls, the game changing engineering of the calls. The volume.
Going into the 3rd period you knew the Leafs would get some momentum and they would get another penalty. Who knew that happened after Hyman tied the game, since Vesey dived and Muzzin got called for that leading to Eichel's goal.

The CyNick

Freedom of Speech!
Sep 17, 2009
To Walshy7 from his baiting:

Not true.

I get put on timeout for just about every post I make these days. The powers that be don't care for me, even though I'm HUGE for business.

If I'm gone again, you'll know why.

#FreeTheCyNick trending worldwide.

Dave92

Oct 9, 2019
Keef only coached for 5 min we need a full 60 lol. Freddy was fantastic for 40 then kinda bad in the third, showed how fast he can lets things go off the rails.

But hey look at the bright side, at least we're paying Marner more than Eichle and got 2 years less term. Analytics baby.

Reactions: MyBudJT

Leafy Undergrowth

Feb 4, 2013
So much talent wasted on so many low effort players.

I've never been in this position where we have so many good players, but I'm becoming genuinely disinterested in watching. There doesn't seem to be any hope of them improving because they just never give any indication of improving to a consistently solid overall game, or even coming anywhere close to playing a good 60 minute game. Not even once as a fluke.

Reactions: Al14

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
To Walshy7 from his baiting:

Not true.

I get put on timeout for just about every post I make these days. The powers that be don't care for me, even though I'm HUGE for business.

If I'm gone again, you'll know why.

#FreeTheCyNick trending worldwide.

I hope Walshy gets a teaching job at an elementary school so you won't be allowed within 500ft of the poor guy.

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix
There was actually a chinook from northern Alberta that just went through Buffalo, thus causing the Leafs to play like complete trash

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I know Freddie's numbers look ugly and now we are going to have A LOT of people say ridiculous things about Freddie losing his job, let me tell you something not ONE bit of that is on Freddie, they tied because of HIM, then they were good for about 90 seconds, then they quit.

This team QUIT except Jake Muzzin he NEVER quits I LOVE that guy.

The rest of this team QUIT

ShooterMikgaven

Sep 1, 2009
Sarnia, ON
A mediocre team with some great players

Hard to pinpoint whether its a wrong mix of players/styles or just a lack of character overall but this team just doesnt have “it” same old story since almost day one with this core, play lesser than the sum of their parts

Feb 24, 2004
We sucked

For a team that's supposed to be fighting for its playoff life we sure do take a lot of nights off

Some nights you watch this team and wonder why this much collective talent is this disjointed and quite frankly bad

Beyond embarrassing

I wonder how a team with this much collective talent is second-last in the league at drawing penalties.

as Pure as Evil

Sep 18, 2011
Hell, Alberta
What a load of **** :laugh:

Babcock: 9-10-4

Keefe: 22-11-4

“organized” :laugh:

we have 3 stages of fans in this that take up 99%.

the sky is falling no matter what the situation or what the numbers say otherwise

cant be happy will always find something to rip on from player to management

want to run every player who has a bad game out of town. sure some are warranted but the hot takes happen daily

the 1% no one likes because they have patience and want to see the process work out. so they get ripped on for it

Polaris1010

Mar 23, 2017
grandma's cellar
I just want someone to explain to me how Leafs have less PP's than PPs for the opposition with the style of game they play. I might recommend they start going down easier. Have to play the game unfortunately, it's getting absurd.
Simple.

Leafs players, other than Hyman and Tavares, do not go to the dirty areas, like Kadri used to do.

Look at the penalties called against the Leafs tonight, most were in the dirty areas.

:baghead:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad