Post-Game Talk: Sabres/Refs 5 Leafs 2

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
The Leafs can both have played pretty bad tonight AND also got screwed over by the refs. The two aren't mutually exclusive.

That third penalty call on Muzzin was a joke. We had all the momentum and had infractions committed against us that were worse but went uncalled. I'm well aware that we shouldn't be giving up 3 goals in 90 seconds but that call changed the whole game.

Andersen kept us in this one, then he didn't. Two bad giveaways led to goals 4 and 5. Hard to blame him but do wish we got a save there on one of them.

That powerplay we got at the end there may as well have been the refs spitting in our eye. f*** off you f***ing zebras. Don't give us a powerplay now when the game is over just so it looks better on the stat sheet.

What a shit show.

Rogue Leader

Oct 12, 2019
Corellia
The only thing worth a cheer!
EK.jpg

LastOne2100

Jan 2, 2017
We simply weren't good enough. Buffalo was the better team. We are the only team in the NHL that consistently decides to just not show up to entire games or entire periods.

That being said, when momentum started to shift in our favor, the already atrocious refs were quick to help out their team.

At this point, I'd almost prefer us to miss the playoffs than just get stomped by an actually good team. I can't take another first round exit :(.

Last edited:

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
This team was a lot more organized under Babcock... not really sure what kind of brand of hockey they’re trying to play out there...

Chr1988

Feb 9, 2020
This game was ugly. This team isnt as dedicated as they should be no back checking or players in the dirty areas except hyman. This team deserves to not make the playoffs

Reactions: lottster14

2 Slick

Oct 23, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
The refs didn't make the Leafs play like dog crap the entire game. Sure, they were awful, but the Leafs deserved this loss in dividends.

I can't even think of one single positive thing to say about this game.

Pathetic effort, Captain not doing a damn thing, every one looked like dog shit.

This team is not a playoff team, not a chance in hell.

TMLeafer

Rest in Peace Johnny Bower
Mar 23, 2008
Hockey Mecca, ON
Giving away more points. This gongshow defense needs a major overhaul. And the listless forwards need to show some drive. Congrats to Korshkov on his 1st goal. And Hyman was a menace once again.

Andersen kept them in it in the first 2 periods.

The three quick goals against is just so damning on the entire team. Why do they just fold?

Finally, I don't expect it to happen, but someone needs to take a fine and call out this officiating. Game after game with 1 PP, while getting called for pretty minor stuff on the other end.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
I guess I will take 2 out of 4 considering Florida is struggling. Need one against Pittsburgh though.
This team needs to get healthy from the flu.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad