Post-Game Talk: Sabres/Refs 5 Leafs 2

Palio

Dec 9, 2015
Disgusting. 3rd game in 4 nights. Flu running through the team. Buffalo off since Thursday. Knew it would be tough.
Fight back to tie it up in the 3rd period and have the momentum. Might just steal one, just to have ANOTHER deflating call against us. HOW they can call that 2nd and 3rd penalty while letting everything Buffalo did go in between is BEYOND me.
And of course, we get the token PP once the game is out of each.

honestly, eff those refs. I want to see Keefe, Dubas or shanahan rip into them. Absolutely disgusting.

Guided by Veseys

Nov 14, 2011
We are still better than Buffalo. That team sucks and got lucky tonight.
Nice to see Eichel have a career year, he has to be probably a top 10 center in the league. He is isn’t very noticeable as a player at all but somehow manages to put up some points; the quiet assassin!

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
The refs didn't make the Leafs play like dog crap the entire game. Sure, they were awful, but the Leafs deserved this loss in dividends.

I can't even think of one single positive thing to say about this game.

Pathetic effort, Captain not doing a damn thing, every one looked like dog ****.

This team is not a playoff team, not a chance in hell.

The loss would be much easier to swallow if the refs called a fair game, instead of getting kicked in the nuts by these corrupt officials.

Lightsol

Aug 2, 2005
It's not sympathy...it's mockery...it's a last minute move by the refs to make it look like they are not bias.
Somebody pointed out to them last year that the Leafs almost set the all-time NHL record for games without a power play. Since then, the refs usually make sure to toss the Leafs a power play at the end to prevent the 0.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
The refs were making blatantly shady calls. The timing of the calls, the one sidedness of the calls, the game changing engineering of the calls. The volume.

That said, the Leafs shot themselves in the foot. They had their signature meltdown defensively, and this is their weakness. Unfortunately for them, the guy in the net is also unable to stand up to that kind of onslaught and characteristically broke down himself.

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
Finally, I don't expect it to happen, but someone needs to take a fine and call out this officiating. Game after game with 1 PP, while getting called for pretty minor stuff on the other end.

I disagree. Leafs players didn’t play hard/well enough to deserve calling out refs as a cop out.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
The refs didn't make the Leafs play like dog crap the entire game. Sure, they were awful, but the Leafs deserved this loss in dividends.

I can't even think of one single positive thing to say about this game.

Pathetic effort, Captain not doing a damn thing, every one looked like dog ****.

This team is not a playoff team, not a chance in hell.
You can say that about the Leafs play in the 1st period.

However the 2nd period was a joke. It all started with Dermott getting his stick slashed out of his hands, no penalty was called and a few minutes later on that same shift the Sabres made it 2-0, when Toronto should have had a power play.

theTTC

Aug 17, 2010
Referees in any professional league are not this atrocious. That's why I'm postulating the refs were excellent at managing the game as per League instructions.

Reactions: Al14 and Eye Test

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
We sucked

For a team that's supposed to be fighting for its playoff life we sure do take a lot of nights off

Some nights you watch this team and wonder why this much collective talent is this disjointed and quite frankly bad

Beyond embarrassing

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Whoever's got the biggest paycheck in upper management needs to call out the refs, not Keefe.

The officiating over the last few games has been comical.

Reactions: Al14

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad