Rumor: Sabres looking for top 6 forward with term

BFLO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2015
Has Montour been that bad ? I remember him as pretty good but your fanbase not so high on him now it seems. Domi has had his struggles this year also, so you know... What is Montours upside ?
Montour has been a solid top 4 D.

The Sabres D has been a mess this season, personnel and deployment wise. Dressing 7 D, playing 4 righties and 3 lefties. Rotating defensive pairs and rotating playing his off hand side. That constant rotation wasn’t game to game either, it was shift to shift in games. It was completely insane.

Much like the entire roster aside from Eichel his play has been inconsistent. It’s hard to evaluate how much of that is the tire fire going on around him and how much is just him.

He’s still a young top4rd with a lot of upside despite not being able to single handedly turn around the entire Sabres franchise.

GM Armchair

Dec 16, 2019
Sabres GM has to be aggressive this TDL if he wants to save face and potentially save his job. Unfortunately I do believe it’s a little too late for him to try and fix his mistakes.

Hasek

Jan 2, 2013
If you have a forward that is at least 27 yo and on pace for 10 g and 10 a, then Botts will offer a 1st round pick in return.

Reactions: Pukboy5kroner

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Honestly, they should try to trade Reinhardt and Montour for a legit #2 center. It'd be a shame to see Sam go, but Olofsson seems to mesh with Eichel, we need to center to pair with Skinner.
Sam and Risto fir Willie Nylander and Barrie? Nylander can play centre, and the Sabres could resign Barrie?

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
The Oilers have one slightly used James Neal as a top 6 forward available. Currently hurt but don't let that stop you Botterill .

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
As long as Botterill remains GM, I cannot bring myself to trust any voice coming from a name containing “STLBLUES”.
lmaoooo i live in buffalo, they're my #2 team. As someone that wants to see Eichel and the sabres with actual pieces around him. This would make sense to me until casey is ready to truly be the #2 center. The only issue is physicality from the back end, they need some guys who will play physical, kill penalties and block shots. Hoping Borgen(if risto is moved) could filla 3rd pair and PK role moving forward

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
The Oilers have one slightly used James Neal as a top 6 forward available. Currently hurt but don't let that stop you Botterill .

I know it is in good fun, but Botterill was part of the Pens organization when they moved Neal. It was tied to some locker room concerns and Botterill has constantly preached about the room being important... so I find that unlikely if it was in any way serious.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad