Rumor: Sabres looking for top 6 forward with term

Thorton02

Feb 6, 2009
So why did we add Frolik? Also, this top 6 play better be a center. A real center, not a winger that played center in Junior or in Europe 10 years ago.

Reactions: qqaz

Thorton02

Feb 6, 2009
Honestly, they should try to trade Reinhardt and Montour for a legit #2 center. It'd be a shame to see Sam go, but Olofsson seems to mesh with Eichel, we need to center to pair with Skinner.

Reactions: Luckylarry

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Even with Zucker traded I think Ryan Donato probably ends up being moved before next year. Probably more of a summer move, but if Botterill wants to make something happen sooner... it's probably doable.

Minnesota would likely want futures back, but I'm not sure what the price would be. He's a good player that needs a better opportunity than what he's been afforded in Minnesota, but his value probably isn't super high. Unfortunately.

Reactions: StateofCelly

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
Given the Ducks’ need of RD and them listening on Kase, that seems like an easy match. It’d be funny is Montour went back to the Ducks for Kase.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
what would you offer for Buchnevich? not that I want to deal him as a NYR fan but curious as to what his value is to Sabres fans.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Honestly, they should try to trade Reinhardt and Montour for a legit #2 center. It'd be a shame to see Sam go, but Olofsson seems to mesh with Eichel, we need to center to pair with Skinner.

The answer to helping scoring is not to get rid of one of the couple of people who can score.

They have the worst forward group in the league. Subtracting one of their best to address that is such a backwards idea.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Problem is, I don't think any of those D have much value for a top 6 forward with term. Miller has been meh, Montour is garbage, and Risto has a lot of flaws but is by far the most valuable.

BFLO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2015

Botterill watching the Sabres get embarrassed 7-4 by the Sens. Just now realizing this team needs top 6 help.

Edit: the dude moves in slow motion even when slamming something down in anger. He’s only 3 years behind the curve here

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
Given the Ducks’ need of RD and them listening on Kase, that seems like an easy match. It’d be funny is Montour went back to the Ducks for Kase.

That still doesn’t solve Anaheim scoring woes. If Ducks are shipping out Kase? A pick or a prospect is likely coming back. And Kase isn’t a top 6 forward. Buffalo would be more interested in someone like Rakell. Who isn’t injury prone.

But if Buffalo wants Kase? Fine by me. Guy hasn’t even completed 67 games in an entire season of his career. Anaheim makes out like bandits with Montour back.

The Blunder Years

Nov 11, 2013
2 years ago, right-handed defensemen were a commodity and returning forwards at a very high rate of return. It seems that left-handed defensemen are more of a commodity now. That being said with three righys at Buffalo's dispose, who are the teams that are looking to aquire one. Winnepeg, Anaheim, Arizona, and Carolina are a few teams that come to mind that could use an upgrade.

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington
Problem is, I don't think any of those D have much value for a top 6 forward with term. Miller has been meh, Montour is garbage, and Risto has a lot of flaws but is by far the most valuable.
We are all going to find out very soon. RHD hold real value except to the Leafs who don’t want any.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad