Sabres/Leafs or Oilers/Jets group?

Better group?

• Total voters

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
No I'm saying at the same point in their careers Eichels better, at the same ages Eichel is vastly better. When Scheifele had poor quality of team mates he didnt score anywhere near what he does today and Eichel has been pretty good with poor quality team mates. Switch players and situations and Eichel is the better player to this point. If I were taking a line for one game today I'd take Scheifele, if I were taking one player I'd take Eichel.

Wrong. When scheifele finally hit his next ygear that's when his line improved. It wasn't because of the players
Tho good players do benefit from good players

So I guess wheeler hits over 100 points and Connor it's 82 if it was Eichel instead

That's how hockey math works right?

Royal Thunder

Frolunda Mode
Feb 21, 2012
Lol nah

McDavid >> Matthews
Laine > Marner
Trouba = Rielly
Scheifele > Eichel
Klefbom << Dahlin
I dunno how you can say Laine is better than Marner. One is an elite sniper, the other is one of the best play-driving wingers in the league with a huge arsenal of offensive tools. I think Scheifele over Eichel is silly too when you compare how they did at the same age.

Last edited:

loyaltotheend

May 5, 2016
St. John's
It's dunno how you can say Laine is better than Marner. One is an elite sniper, the other is one of the best play-driving wingers in the league with a huge arsenal of offensive tools. I think Scheifele over Eichel is silly too when you compare how they did at the same age.

Eichel certainly looks way better at the same age, and is still young with lots of room to improve. As Buffalo graduates some of these young players and the coaching/systems improve, I expect to see more and more from him

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
It's dunno how you can say Laine is better than Marner. One is an elite sniper, the other is one of the best play-driving wingers in the league with a huge arsenal of offensive tools. I think Scheifele over Eichel is silly too when you compare how they did at the same age.

This is such simple minded logic

Scheifele isn't 18 anymore. Stop comparing eichel to a player who doesn't exist anymore

Scheifele is 25 and is a ppg centre now
Get with the times

It's 2018. Why does this still have to be explained?

Royal Thunder

Frolunda Mode
Feb 21, 2012
This is such simple minded logic

Scheifele isn't 18 anymore. Stop comparing eichel to a player who doesn't exist anymore

Scheifele is 25 and is a ppg centre now
Get with the times

It's 2018. Why does this still have to be explained?
Because if we are comparing the players it makes sense to compare them at similar ages. If you don't want to do that because you are so incredibly open minded, the fact that the one who is 21 is only slightly behind the one who is 25 means it is not a stretch to say the younger one will be the better player over the next ten years.

"It's (current year)" is such a weak argument btw. The irony is you are the one using simple minded logic in saying that the only way to possibly compare them is by looking at today and today only.

Anyway I don't wanna get into an argument about this, putting Laine over Marner was much more egregious.

Reactions: Joffrey Baratheon

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
Because if we are comparing the players it makes sense to compare them at similar ages. If you don't want to do that because you are so incredibly open minded, the fact that the one who is 21 is only slightly behind the one who is 25 means it is not a stretch to say the younger one will be the better player over the next ten years.

"It's (current year)" is such a weak argument btw. The irony is you are the one using simple minded logic in saying that the only way to possibly compare them is by looking at today and today only.

Anyway I don't wanna get into an argument about this, putting Laine over Marner was much more egregious.

No it doesn't make sense

THEY'RE AREN'T THE SAME AGE

AN 18 YEAR OLD SCHEIFELE ISN'T ON THE ICE ANYMORE

HE'S 25

PAVEL DATSYUK became a better player later on his career so how stupid would you look to keep being up how he was an a 19 year old or 20 year old? You'd look prettt dumb

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
No it doesn't make sense

HE'S 25

PAVEL DATSYUK became a better player later on his career so how stupid would you look to keep being up how he was an a 19 year old or 20 year old? You'd look prettt dumb
getting upset over natural progression being a thing doesn't make you right. Eichel is already almost as good as Scheifele despite being a lot younger. Obviously you take Eichel

Reactions: Joffrey Baratheon

HarryLime

Jun 27, 2014
Halifax
No it doesn't make sense

HE'S 25

Calm down

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
Sheifele isn't the seconding coming of datsyuk, although he is an incredible player, but right now in terms of talent eichel is close to sheifele really close and is younger.

No.one said he is. But I imagine people would use the same argument against pavel

"Pavel datsyuk was nowhere near as good as Eichel at his age" / logic

Not Sure

Feb 8, 2016
Buffalo
It seems they couldn't see what I posted before so I made the letters bigger for them so they could read

We could read it, the point is Eichel is really close right now and still hasn't peaked. Scheifele has more seasons under his belt, therefore has fewer years left and Eichel is so far ahead of where Scheifele was at the same point in his career it's not even close. Eichel does not have now, or ever had a winger as skilled as Wheeler, and hes way younger. If I had to pick one guy for my fantasy team this season I pick Scheifele, but close. If I had to pick a player for my keeper league I'm taking Eichel 10 out of 10 times. The question becomes harder to answer when contract comes into play.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Matthews > Mcdavid
Marner > Scheifele
Eichel = Laine
Rielly > Trouba
Dahlin > ????

big win for the first group.

WilliamNylander

Papi's home
Jul 26, 2012
Easily the leafs/sabres team.

Matthews Eichel Marner are the 2nd 3rd and 4th best players in the poll and all on one team. Dahlin has the highest ceiling of any D too. Easy choice.

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg
Thread only states better group, doesn't say 5 years from now or including contracts or anything like that.

McDavid > Matthews
Scheifele > Eichel
Laine > Marner
Trouba < Rielly
Klefbom < Dahlin

Defense edges towards Tor/Buf group as of today. McDavid is still the best player in the league, and Eichel hasn't surpassed Scheifele yet. Laine's goal scoring is more valuable to me than Marner's playmaking.

loki2185

Sep 7, 2018
leafs sabres group easily. Matthews on the oilers= dominant playoff team. mcdavid on oilers= fringe playoff team

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad