Sabres/Leafs or Oilers/Jets group?

Better group?

• Total voters

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
I like the top group better its more rounded out. Going forward.

Matthews<McDavid
Marner>Laine
Rielly>>Trouba
Eichel=Scheifele
Dahlin>>Klefbom

Laine needs to get more opportunity, klef has to recover back to 2 seasons ago form and then some. Trouba needs to stay healthy and then get to a new level. My only concern and it isnt as big as the other group is Dahlin taking another step or 2 from right now.

Lemontree

Fire Dubas
Feb 12, 2018
Have to go with the Leafs and Sabres. I give the edge to the Oilers/Jets forwards but it is a small gap. Big advantage to Mo and Dahlin on D.

OilCanada92

May 1, 2009
Edmonton, Alberta
Based on how I see things being 3-5 years from now...

McDavid
-
-
Matthews
Eichel
Dahlin
Laine
-
-
Marner
Rielly
-
Trouba
-
Klefbom

I'd go with the Leafs and Sabres group but replacing Klefbom with Bouchard would make it more interesting for me.

And to the Leafs fans who consider it blasphemy to have Matthews in the same group as the other 3 three or not with McDavid after the 5 good games he's had to start the season, it is what it is. I need to see more than a good week from him.

Last edited:

tomi2

Mar 1, 2007
Thats really easy poll. CM and Pate. Would be one of the best in history.

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012

McDavid
-
-
Matthews
Eichel
Dahlin
Laine
-
-
Rielly
-
Trouba
-
Klefbom

I'd go with the Leafs and Sabres group but replacing Klefbom with Bouchard would make it more interesting for me.

And to the Leafs fans who consider it blasphemy to have Matthews in the same group as the other 3 three or not with McDavid after the 5 good games he's had to start the season, it is what it is. I need to see more than a good week from him.

I would agree, but I would slot in Marner just slightly under Laine.

DrRad

Sep 30, 2017
The group with McDavid easily. But nice try throwing Klefbom in there to try and weaken the Jets/Oil team.

I picked 3 forwards and 2 defensemen, with 1 defensemen from each team. Would someone else have been a better option than Klefbom? I don't really follow the Oilers and I thought at one point Klefbom was considered their best defensemen.

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto

McDavid
-
-
Matthews
Eichel
Dahlin
Laine
-
-
Rielly
-
Trouba
-
Klefbom

Where’s Marner?

Zamuz

Oct 27, 2011
Finland
Your scaling is inconsistent.

If the gap between McDavid and Matthews is ">>" then the gap between Kelfbom and Dahlin is

"<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<"

McDavid is on a whole different level than any other player in this league. It's very clear when you just simply watch him play.

Reactions: Hugh Mungus

TDK67

Apr 17, 2016
McDavid is on a whole different level than any other player in this league. It's very clear when you just simply watch him play.

Cool. I was just trying to say that if we're trying to indicate talent gaps with the number of ">" things then Dahlin is in an entirely different universe than Klefbom. Just trying to be consistent.

Zamuz

Oct 27, 2011
Finland
Cool. I was just trying to say that if we're trying to indicate talent gaps with the number of ">" things then Dahlin is in an entirely different universe than Klefbom. Just trying to be consistent.

Yeah, I actually think he is. It would be unfair to compare Dahlin without taking in consideration his potential too.

Reactions: TDK88

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->