GDT: Sabres @ Kings 10:30 EST TV:MSG Radio:WGR550 - Is It Even Hockey Anymore?

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
I'm talking about the coaching staff, GM Adams etc. If you read and understood my post correctly I wouldn't have to explain this to you now

And if you understand that...
How do you know that the opinion has not changed when it comes to coaching stuff, owner, GM etc. Then why is granato allowed to continue, why doesn't Adams change the situation? you contradict yourself
Why is it I have to "know" whether their opinion would be changed by last night but you are allowed to not know? I don't think the opinion will be changed. You do. Only they actually would know, as far as they are cognizant of their own thinking.

Your questions are becoming inane. Why is Granato allowed to continue? Why doesn't Adams change the situation? What is that to ask in the context of this conversation? Are you saying if they didn't win last night Granato would have been fired before you made your initial comment immediately after the game?

slip

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 19, 2005
It’s a bizarre move to suddenly show up and be this combative with one of our longest tenured posters and expect to be well received.

You’re getting push back because you’re taking a night a player sustained an injury as the opportunity to shit all over him. A player most regard highly around here, for having to endure the worst era of the Sabres his entire career and still giving a more consistent effort than the vast majority of other players who’ve cycled in and out of this tire fire.

The thing is, if you presented a less antagonistic argument that didn’t seem based in vitriol against the player (and didn’t openly relish in his injury), and instead argued that the team needs more difference makers and less Girgs style players whose entire value is derived from the fact that nothing happens when they’re on the ice, you’d probably find many who’d agree with you.
A very polite way of saying stop being a douche nozzle

Jimmybarndoor2

Jul 24, 2021
It’s a bizarre move to suddenly show up and be this combative with one of our longest tenured posters and expect to be well received.

You’re getting push back because you’re taking a night a player sustained an injury as the opportunity to shit all over him. A player most regard highly around here, for having to endure the worst era of the Sabres his entire career and still giving a more consistent effort than the vast majority of other players who’ve cycled in and out of this tire fire.

The thing is, if you presented a less antagonistic argument that didn’t seem based in vitriol against the player (and didn’t openly relish in his injury), and instead argued that the team needs more difference makers and less Girgs style players whose entire value is derived from the fact that nothing happens when they’re on the ice, you’d probably find many who’d agree with you.
Maybe he was out of line for bashing him on the night he had an injury but he has the right to his opinion

When the Sabres are losing for as long as they have, it is not out of line to question the veteran leadership or lack thereof. And Girgs is one of the veterans.

Tatanka

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2016
I don't like Skinner but RBA wanted him shipped out the second he took the job. So not sure how you're saying Skinner is the one that forced himself out.
That is not completely accurate. Skinner was on the team when RBA was an assistant. It is probable that discussions on how to play were had during that time. When RBA assumed the hc duties, the time for talking was over. Skinner has never changed the way he plays regardless of his coach, be it in Carolina or here. So it may be as simple as play me or trade, idc, and they traded him. That is at least partially on Skinner.

TageGod

Aug 31, 2022
That is not completely accurate. Skinner was on the team when RBA was an assistant. It is probable that discussions on how to play were had during that time. When RBA assumed the hc duties, the time for talking was over. Skinner has never changed the way he plays regardless of his coach, be it in Carolina or here. So it may be as simple as play me or trade, idc, and they traded him. That is at least partially on Skinner.
He plays his game and his strengths. Look what happened when this team tried to make everyone defensive players to start the year. Bad defense and offense. Largely ignored is how good of a playmaker he can be. Same reason this team excelled last year.

Reactions: Dingo44

BFLO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2015
Figures that they won. I unintentionally took this game off. I've grown so disinterested that I didn't check the schedule or these boards for a GDT yesterday.

Got a good nights rest.
I yearn for the day Jeff Skinner is not on this team.
Amen.

But you just know that Adams is going to extend Skinner once his contract is up. Can't just let the Captain walk. It'll be Okposo 2.0 (Yes i'm predicting that Adams will still be GM in 2027 and that Skinner will be captain by then. The playoff drought will be old enough to drive.)

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
A very polite way of saying stop being a douche nozzle

We tried. And they are no longer here.

Much better game.

Funny to hear how the Kings viewed this game with how they're vets have ripped into some of their guys, basically calling them cherry pickers and more interested in stats than wins. Figure the Kings may have felt this would be an easy game and too many took the night off, even if one of those cherry pickers scored.

ForsbergMoDo21

Feb 19, 2008
Rochester NY
We tried. And they are no longer here.

Funny to hear how the Kings viewed this game with how they're vets have ripped into some of their guys, basically calling them cherry pickers and more interested in stats than wins. Figure the Kings may have felt this would be an easy game and too many took the night off, even if one of those cherry pickers scored.

When’s the last time a veteran Sabre came out and said anything about his teammates?

When’s the last time we even had a vet with enough cachet left in his game to even do that?

The players, the coaches, the management, and virtually all the team media all seem to refuse to ever utter anything critical about anyone. Maybe that’s why it’s boiling over on these boards these days (although the product seems enough reason in itself).

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
When’s the last time a veteran Sabre came out and said anything about his teammates?

When’s the last time we even had a vet with enough cachet left in his game to even do that?

The players, the coaches, the management, and virtually all the team media all seem to refuse to ever utter anything critical about anyone. Maybe that’s why it’s boiling over on these boards these days (although the product seems enough reason in itself).

Reading some Kings' fans comments about Doughty's statement - sounds like this has been going on for a while and as Doughty said, has been talked about behind closed doors. I suppose if there is someone who isn't doing the right thing often enough and isn't listening when teammates or coaches say to do something a different way, eventually this will come out publicly as the next step in trying to get the failing player moving in the right direction. I don't know if someone popping off in front of the press would work right now - it might make some of us fans happy that they have someone willing to do it publicly and thus prove that they have someone who is willing to do it at all. Guys like PLD and Fiala have been dogging it. Buffalo has a lot of stupid in their game, I don't see guys who have dry gear to the extent PLD and Fiala seem to right now.

debaser66

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2012
Literally have people creating accounts so they can be toxic on a board as an outlet bc they’re making their friends / wives / family miserable too by talking about it every day.
Well these spineless people who do these kind of stunts around here deserve nothing more than the ignore button.
That one guy who stirred the pot and registered a day ago, I think he already tried that a few times over the last year, seems a lot similar in style but maybe the all are ;)

Last edited:

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
I don't like Skinner but RBA wanted him shipped out the second he took the job. So not sure how you're saying Skinner is the one that forced himself out.
I read that Skinner wanted to be located closer to home... Toronto ... and would only waive for a team that got him there.

If RBA wanted him gone, I understand why completely.

You are leaving out the most important part. Pegula wants people who want to be here and with a coach that has no accountability Skinner is loving being here.
Oh, I agree completely....... Buffalo is perfect for someone like Skinner who wants to play the game the way he wants versus the coach.

Old Navy Goat

Apr 24, 2003
Pattaya Thailand aka adult Disneyland
I read that Skinner wanted to be located closer to home... Toronto ... and would only waive for a team that got him there.

If RBA wanted him gone, I understand why completely.

Oh, I agree completely....... Buffalo is perfect for someone like Skinner who wants to play the game the way he wants versus the coach.
Having an agent of Chaos like Skinner putting 30g+ a year wouldn't be so bad if the rest of the team didn't follow suite and were defensively sound

Reactions: Paxon

Dex

Complementary
Sponsor
Dec 5, 2011
Under Deep Cover
The worst thing about this disappointing season has been the total retoxicification of this board. Back to bickering and being shitty all the time I guess? I get it, watching these guys wave sticks and twirl around in the D zone night after soul sucking night wears on you and shortens your patience. That's why I recommend just not f***ing watching. It isn't good for you. It's not healthy. Take a break. Take a breath. Being abjectly miserable because you never miss a game is not some badge of honor. After 14 years, we've all earned the right to take a walk. Just my opinion, do what you want, but there's no sense in throwing good time after bad.

Are we back to cut throat infighting? Cool.

The current condition of the board made me think of this old Monty Python sketch:

Monty Python's Argument Clinic

At least the Python sketch is funny. At least to me.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad