GDT: Sabres @ Kings 10:30 EST TV:MSG Radio:WGR550 - Is It Even Hockey Anymore?

debaser66

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2012
You directly stated that Girgensons being down was great because it means more ice time for good players, specifically in reference to the Cozens line that had been scoring (look up scoring as you do not know what it means hurf durf). Hence my mention of 11 players etc. You are pinballing between supportive points as I've already pointed out. I've already addressed every point you've made.
I wouldn't waste my energy on a guy that registered yesterday

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
The worst thing about this disappointing season has been the total retoxicification of this board. Back to bickering and being shitty all the time I guess? I get it, watching these guys wave sticks and twirl around in the D zone night after soul sucking night wears on you and shortens your patience. That's why I recommend just not f***ing watching. It isn't good for you. It's not healthy. Take a break. Take a breath. Being abjectly miserable because you never miss a game is not some badge of honor. After 14 years, we've all earned the right to take a walk. Just my opinion, do what you want, but there's no sense in throwing good time after bad.

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
The worst thing about this disappointing season has been the total retoxicification of this board. Back to bickering and being shitty all the time I guess? I get it, watching these guys wave sticks and twirl around in the D zone night after soul sucking night wears on you and shortens your patience. That's why I recommend just not f***ing watching. It isn't good for you. It's not healthy. Take a break. Take a breath. Being abjectly miserable because you never miss a game is not some badge of honor. After 14 years, we've all earned the right to take a walk. Just my opinion, do what you want, but there's no sense in throwing good time after bad.
Literally have people creating accounts so they can be toxic on a board as an outlet bc they’re making their friends / wives / family miserable too by talking about it every day.

SharkInABoloTie

Sponsor
Mar 8, 2016
The Heart of Darkness
I thought Levi was sent down? Shows how much I pay attention these days. They're going to ruin him. 3 goals in the first 10 minutes looked like he might get the hook.. We may have only won because the Kings are flailing right now. Watching the highlights it felt like we had some puck luck in the scoring

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
I thought Levi was sent down? Shows how much I pay attention these days. They're going to ruin him. 3 goals in the first 10 minutes looked like he might get the hook.. We may have only won because the Kings are flailing right now. Watching the highlights it felt like we had some puck luck in the scoring
Called back up for the road trip. Hopefully back down after it.

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
Literally have people creating accounts so they can be toxic on a board as an outlet bc they’re making their friends / wives / family miserable too by talking about it every day.
I mean, yeah, it's crushing to be carrying all this disappointment all the time. I'm glad people have this outlet, but I wish they'd just let the team go. True story, I let the Bills go completely. I didnt watch a single game all year, after not missing a single one for like 15, the year Tyrod took the to the playoffs. I made the Bills have to win me back. And it was fine. I didn't feel bad or guilty about taking the season off. I felt relieved.

Reactions: Chainshot

DapperCam

Jul 9, 2006
I missed the 3rd period. Why was Tage Thompson named first star of the game with no points?

Jimmybarndoor2

Jul 24, 2021
Kings coach after game

The stupidity that went into that loss is beyond explainable,” said McLellan, who is in his fifth season with the Kings. “When you look at the team that played the first 25-30 games, if you will, it doesn’t look like the team that’s playing right now, and I’m responsible for it.”

With the loss, the Kings have now dropped 12 of 14 games.

Jimmybarndoor2

Jul 24, 2021
Kings coach again

That’s unacceptable. We’re up 3-1. We’re maybe not playing our best, but the stupidity that went into that loss is unexplainable,” McLellan said. “I haven’t until now been able to come in and say ‘boy, we played really dumb.’ And that’s what we did.”

Jimmybarndoor2

Jul 24, 2021
Good advice

To be frank with you, best chance to get the Sabres to make changes is with your wallet, tv viewership numbers and plummeting ticket sales and prices.

Only thing that is understood.

It just hurts more that they were supposed to be competing for a playoff spot this year. Sucked so many in and lack of “give a shot” by the team and lack of changes to correct both coaching and organizational has frustrated many a fan

But we should not be taking it out by being disrespectful to fellow fans.

Havok89

Oct 26, 2010
Did they look good or did the Kings take the night off? Couldn’t bother watching this mess

DapperCam

Jul 9, 2006
Also, at the end of the night Levi with a respectable .925 save % with a lot of high danger chances against.

The only goal that I really didn’t like was goal #3. He wasn’t on his angle when the pass went from the corner to the slot, which left the far side open. All-in-all, he outperformed the other goaltender and made some big saves while it was tied.

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
I do find it relatively humorous, going into opposing teams boards and reading their reactions after losing to us. I may not care about us winning because it's too late for the season, but there is still something comforting about seeing other fans flip out over losing to the down and out Sabres.

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
I do find it relatively humorous, going into opposing teams boards and reading their reactions after losing to us. I may not care about us winning because it's too late for the season, but there is still something comforting about seeing other fans flip out over losing to the down and out Sabres.
In fairness to Kings fans, they've lost 12 of 14. I don't think it's only losing to us that they're freaking about.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
Personally, I've always liked McClellan as a coach. So when he complains about the dumb ass play of his players (which means they aren't playing his system and aren't listening) and then Doughty (who I am not a fan of) calls out the selfishness in the locker room, I look at the Sabres and come to the conclusion that no matter how clueless Granato and Ellis, etc are, the problem is really with the players.

And this has been the case during the entire Pegula rein. Management has not taken control and insisted on conformance and consistency in performance (since Ruff). The players obviously are in this for themselves versus each other and the team.

The players who have left the organization are leading by example. If I am not happy, I am moving on.... to better things. (Skinner is a case of doing the same thing leaving Carolina. Purely for selfish reasons.)

Why wouldn't todays Sabres adopt that same philosophy?

Compare that to the hard ass approach taken by Jared Bednar and exemplified by Nathan MacKinnon..........

ForsbergMoDo21

Feb 19, 2008
Rochester NY
You're like watching a professional dancer. Maybe that could be Gus's new career! I hear softies make good dancers.

It’s a bizarre move to suddenly show up and be this combative with one of our longest tenured posters and expect to be well received.

You’re getting push back because you’re taking a night a player sustained an injury as the opportunity to shit all over him. A player most regard highly around here, for having to endure the worst era of the Sabres his entire career and still giving a more consistent effort than the vast majority of other players who’ve cycled in and out of this tire fire.

The thing is, if you presented a less antagonistic argument that didn’t seem based in vitriol against the player (and didn’t openly relish in his injury), and instead argued that the team needs more difference makers and less Girgs style players whose entire value is derived from the fact that nothing happens when they’re on the ice, you’d probably find many who’d agree with you.

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
Personally, I've always liked McClellan as a coach. So when he complains about the dumb ass play of his players (which means they aren't playing his system and aren't listening) and then Doughty (who I am not a fan of) calls out the selfishness in the locker room, I look at the Sabres and come to the conclusion that no matter how clueless Granato and Ellis, etc are, the problem is really with the players.

And this has been the case during the entire Pegula rein. Management has not taken control and insisted on conformance and consistency in performance (since Ruff). The players obviously are in this for themselves versus each other and the team.

The players who have left the organization are leading by example. If I am not happy, I am moving on.... to better things. (Skinner is a case of doing the same thing leaving Carolina. Purely for selfish reasons.)

Compare that to the hard ass approach taken by Jared Bednar and exemplified by Nathan MacKinnon..........
I don't like Skinner but RBA wanted him shipped out the second he took the job. So not sure how you're saying Skinner is the one that forced himself out.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
I'm already there, I wake up and check the score, if it's a win I watch the 10 minute game recap upload on YouTube from the NHL and then go about my day.

In truth I would love to see the Sabres make them playoffs but at this point, winning Celebrini would be healthier for this team in the long run.

toddkaz

Nov 25, 2022

You are leaving out the most important part. Pegula wants people who want to be here and with a coach that has no accountability Skinner is loving being here.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00