GDT: Sabres @ Kings 10:30 EST TV:MSG Radio:WGR550 - Is It Even Hockey Anymore?

ForsbergMoDo21

Feb 19, 2008
Rochester NY
Reading some Kings' fans comments about Doughty's statement - sounds like this has been going on for a while and as Doughty said, has been talked about behind closed doors. I suppose if there is someone who isn't doing the right thing often enough and isn't listening when teammates or coaches say to do something a different way, eventually this will come out publicly as the next step in trying to get the failing player moving in the right direction. I don't know if someone popping off in front of the press would work right now - it might make some of us fans happy that they have someone willing to do it publicly and thus prove that they have someone who is willing to do it at all. Guys like PLD and Fiala have been dogging it. Buffalo has a lot of stupid in their game, I don't see guys who have dry gear to the extent PLD and Fiala seem to right now.

Fair. I guess it’s just a desire for some outwardly recognizable sense of accountability to placate us fans.

Reactions: Chainshot

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Fair. I guess it’s just a desire for some outwardly recognizable sense of accountability to placate us fans.

Yeah, I hear that. I would like it if someone in the room validated what we're seeing by being angry about it publicly after being angry about it privately. That Harry Neale thing - players having free rein to punch one another in the face when someone does something stupid - keeps floating around in my head as the knuckle dragging method of knocking some sense into someone.

Reactions: ForsbergMoDo21

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad