Sabres Head Coach Search 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fezzy126

Rebuilding...
May 10, 2017
I’m to the point where I’m not going to care much about the coaching hire until the season. I want to see what the do systemically, what adjustments they make in season and in game as well as how players are used within all that.

After the last two hires I’m leery of anything good said about about a coaching hire when it happens. Even if they say all the right things I’m going to resist being happy about it. :laugh:

I'll find my way to guarded optimism no matter who we hire (some hires would make that journey a little more difficult than others), but I think the underlying message from everyone in sabreland is pretty much the same: "Don't care how, just please stop sucking"

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
On the other hand, it did show what the roster is capable of when they are playing with confidence. And I don't mean that they can be best in the league by any stretch, because there was also a lot of luck involved in that streak, but they should not be a bottom-5 team either.

Nah, it was mostly luck.

Which teams ahead of Buffalo the the standings are worse? You can make an argument for Oilers but that’s about it.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
I'll find my way to guarded optimism no matter who we hire (some hires would make that journey a little more difficult than others), but I think the underlying message from everyone in sabreland is pretty much the same: "Don't care how, just please stop sucking"

This is my position...unless it’s Martin.

Dahlin 2 Eichel

Sep 21, 2013
Roaming The Sewers
With Big Head being busy with the tournament of losers, couldn’t this have an effect of buffalo announcing a new HC.

Maybe Tippett and Big Head have a mutual agreement to wait till after the tournament to make the announcement.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
At this point I’m just happy Gronborg has a 2 year deal so it lines up right with when we fire Botterill and whichever has been he puts in place to waste the next two years.

CatsforReinhart

Jul 27, 2014
Frankfurt
At this point I’m just happy Gronborg has a 2 year deal so it lines up right with when we fire Botterill and whichever has been he puts in place to waste the next two years.
So you are wanting to lose so we can sign Groenborg? Don't shoot for the stars or anything.

AustonsNostrils

Apr 5, 2016
Jim Montgomery took Dallas with Roman Polak and Taylor Fedun on its' defense to Game 7 of the 2nd round but Botterill is busy chasing Jacques Martin and Bob Hartley.

gallagt01

Jun 10, 2006
Sloan
It feels like more reports regarding this Sabres search have been false/misleading than not, so maybe let's not get so worked up over every coaching name thrown at the wall on Twitter.

Botteril at the very least runs a tight ship. Nobody knows what's actually going on.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I’m to the point where I’m not going to care much about the coaching hire until the season. I want to see what the do systemically, what adjustments they make in season and in game as well as how players are used within all that.

After the last two hires I’m leery of anything good said about about a coaching hire when it happens. Even if they say all the right things I’m going to resist being happy about it. :laugh:

Yeah, I'm at that point as well. The guy will have warts. It's if he can be competent... basic competency.... and we won't see that until we see him running the bench in games.

Reactions: joshjull

slip

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 19, 2005
Botts conducting his coaching search exactly like an MBA type would: exhaustive, thorough, detailed, drawn out, multiple meetings with staff, power points, pros/cons, more meetings with staff, just beyond meticulous.

Contrast that with a GM who knows his roster and knows exactly the type of coach he needs.

We've given the reigns of this franchise to a glorified accountant, an empty suit.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
Botts conducting his coaching search exactly like an MBA type would: exhaustive, thorough, detailed, drawn out, multiple meetings with staff, power points, pros/cons, more meetings with staff, just beyond meticulous.

Contrast that with a GM who knows his roster and knows exactly the type of coach he needs.

We've given the reigns of this franchise to a glorified accountant, an empty suit.

Need more MBA buzzwords. At least drop an "action item" or two. Find some synergies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->