Speculation: Sabres Expansion draft protection thread

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe
I think Vegas may be a good trading partner if we want to trade down. They will likely have numerous 1st rounders in the teens and 20s so we could target 2 of their picks and give them the 8OA so they can acquire another of their top targets. We probably have to add like a late 2nd to balance it but this is no-brainer IMO if both Makar and Miro are gone by 8th.

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
They are not on the same team so I see no reason for there to be a connection between the two teams.

I'm assuming he's referring to the tandem each team exposed. Manson/Vatanen for Anaheim, and Dumba/Scandella for Minnesota. A deal from each team likely protects one player, but not both.

LetsDoughBuffalo

Apr 4, 2014
Making my prediction on what happens with Vegas and Buffalo before any leaks come out in the next two days:

1. Buffalo trades Will Carrier and a 2nd round pick in the 2017 NHL Entry Draft (54 overall) to the Vegas Golden Knights in exchange for future considerations

2. The Vegas Golden Knights select Matt Moulson from the Buffalo Sabres in the 2017 NHL Expansion Draft

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad