GDT: Sabres @ Ducks - 7:30PM PST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
I'm actually a little concerned by this game. Buffalo should have had 4-5 goals, and I think a team with more than 1 NHL forward would have. WAY too many odd-man breaks. I'm also not convinced that Despres is going to be anywhere near the guy from the playoffs until next year.

George Binks

#MakeAnaheimGr8Again
Jul 28, 2012
Glad to see we can still win a 1-0 game. Thought for sure Andersen was gonna let in a softie

Oct 18, 2011
good to have a game like this as before the oilers game, there should be no "trap" game with them before the kings on sunday. can't blow everyone out.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
What a boring game to go to...took my girlfriend to this one, and boy was it disappointing. I've never seen a hockey game with that many whistles blown in one game. Christ, the one game a year I go to. I don't want to sound too negative here considering it was a win, but that's the type of hockey that sends casual fans home and makes them never want to return. That would have been a perfect game for Garbutt, Maroon, Ritchie or Manson to drop the gloves in. At least we don't usually have games like that lately

Thank god we won

snarktacular

Aug 2, 2005
ESPN's headline of the game (aka AP) :

"Anderson's 1st shutout of season leads Ducks over Sabres 1-0"

Yahoo Sports fixed it to Andersen.

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
Read the Sabres forum and even those guys seemed to be pissed at Kane for the hit. Apparently he hit someone in the similar way in his previous game too, towards the knee.

I bet Kane would come pretty cheap in a trade, noone seems to like him.

Hedning

A New Beginning
Apr 26, 2012
Vats was on fire throughout the whole game. Manson also had a really nice game. Don't want to lose out on Vats offensive skills in the PO. Especially now when he is starting to get back on track again.

Glad Hamps is OK (as it's seems) Scary moment there for a while.

Otherwise a quite boring chess match, with two really good goaltenders at either end.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
I thought all of the D except Bieksa and Despres were really good (those two were terrible). Manson had the gaff that led to the 3 on 1 but was good apart from that.

Vatanen has picked up his production lately, it's good to see.

mytduxfan*

Boring game, but what can you expect from a BUF team that plays so defensive. I think our guys took them a little too lightly. Way too many defensive errors. Still, a win is a win.

Theridion

May 11, 2002
Orange, CA
What a boring game to go to...took my girlfriend to this one, and boy was it disappointing. I've never seen a hockey game with that many whistles blown in one game. Christ, the one game a year I go to. I don't want to sound too negative here considering it was a win, but that's the type of hockey that sends casual fans home and makes them never want to return. That would have been a perfect game for Garbutt, Maroon, Ritchie or Manson to drop the gloves in. At least we don't usually have games like that lately

Thank god we won

You aren't alone. I've tried to pull friends into being fans... and when i try to sell it, I look at the boring, whistles, back and forth, random goals off of deflections that look like accidents...

It's not the most exciting sport to pull fans into. And it almost seems like the winner is the team with lucky breaks, not the one with the best shots or sniper skills or defense or effort.

mytduxfan*

You aren't alone. I've tried to pull friends into being fans... and when i try to sell it, I look at the boring, whistles, back and forth, random goals off of deflections that look like accidents...

It's not the most exciting sport to pull fans into. And it almost seems like the winner is the team with lucky breaks, not the one with the best shots or sniper skills or defense or effort.

Maybe that's got more to do with how the Ducks play and how crap the Pacific Division is right now. CHI and many of the Eastern teams play at much faster paced game that's significantly more exciting, especially when there is two good teams going at it.

If you're looking to get your mates into hockey, just take them to an ANA vs LA game. Those games are always good, except when we lose.

snowave

Jan 7, 2012
Idaho
usually, Buffalo games are pretty feisty... this one had the potential, but in a tight game... I don't think anyone wanted to take unnecessary penalties... well, except Kesler. :laugh:

TopShelfWaterBottle

Registered
Mar 16, 2014

Thank god we won

That's funny cause I was on a date last night also and since there was no scoring I actually had to come up with stuff to talk about. Usually making myself sound dumb.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
That's funny cause I was on a date last night also and since there was no scoring I actually had to come up with stuff to talk about. Usually making myself sound dumb.

Dmang714: ahh, they just can`t score... let`s go and do it ourselves?

200_s.gif

:sarcasm:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad