GDT: Sabres @ Devils - DAS EUPHORIA PART QUATRE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
only 4 teams in the NHL have more points than we do. and 2 of them are in our division.

Pretty incredible. We've earned a lot of points we didn't necessarily deserve, which is a plus. Hard team to figure out. The scoring should improve, but I still worry about the defense moving forward.

Camille the Eel

Hynes put Fiddler's line out right after the last Buffalo goal. They changed puck possession, played down in Buffalo's end. You see how he's using those guys. I'd say first shift after any goal, ours included.

Would love to see Zacha back at center with Cammy on a wing to finish off Z's passes. But if we are going to play both Zacha and JJ, unfortunately I understand the reasoning of having Zacha on the wing. Because JJ in a corner is a dead end.

Finally, this is heresy and I love Hall, who is a one man power play and far more dynamic than I ever knew, now that I get the chance to watch him every game . . . but I think Hall can actually be a problem on our power play at the moment. He likes room to move; in set pieces, with him behind the net, the puck stopped moving when it reached him last night or on another occasion just hopped over his stick.

Hellraiser

Jun 12, 2015
New Jersey
Time to get to work on the upcoming road trip. Lines are starting to gel after some shuffling, but we're gonna be a legit threat if Sevs keeps up his play and Henrique/Palms really take off. Teams will take us too lightly and they will pay for it

None Shall Pass

Dano moisturizes
Jul 7, 2007
Brooklyn
4 game win streak

tumblr_mympjple0i1rwuhc7o1_500.gif

Ugh now I'm h0nry

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
They were creating more chances tonight, which was an improvement. I think the JJ on the half wall experiment has run its course.

That PP near the end was pretty solid, with JJ finding Zajac in the slot for a prime scoring chance. Might have given him a stay of execution.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
No need to duck. It's just throwing cross-ice passes at your own blueline is generally not a good idea. Definitely didn't work last night.

Lousy play no doubt, but he's not the only guy that has made a questionable pass this season.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
That PP near the end was pretty solid, with JJ finding Zajac in the slot for a prime scoring chance. Might have given him a stay of execution.

He does that **** all the time though. He'll look like a stone handed fool then make a nice play that gives us hope he might be useful. Then he goes back to being utterly useless offensively.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
I just don't like how predictable our powerplay is right now. Like no wonder they can't score, teams know exactly what they're going to do before it happens. From the zone entries to their "formation" it's all the same. Give it to the guy on the half-wall, usually JJ, they'll have either the guy down low open or the point guy. If they pass it to the guy down low they'll either give it back to JJ or try to take it to the net, usually failing resulting in a clear for the defense. If they give it back to JJ he'll pass it to the point who will either give it back to JJ or over the Palms for the one timer, which every goalie can see coming and get to a good enough position with time to spare.

My thought it that's just what you're going to get when you have someone like JJ "running" your powerplay. He's not skilled enough to be making these crazy plays, he's very linear in his motions and very predictable. Our powerplay is at its best when it's a scrabbled mess but with possession.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I just don't like how predictable our powerplay is right now. Like no wonder they can't score, teams know exactly what they're going to do before it happens. From the zone entries to their "formation" it's all the same. Give it to the guy on the half-wall, usually JJ, they'll have either the guy down low open or the point guy. If they pass it to the guy down low they'll either give it back to JJ or try to take it to the net, usually failing resulting in a clear for the defense. If they give it back to JJ he'll pass it to the point who will either give it back to JJ or over the Palms for the one timer, which every goalie can see coming and get to a good enough position with time to spare.

My thought it that's just what you're going to get when you have someone like JJ "running" your powerplay. He's not skilled enough to be making these crazy plays, he's very linear in his motions and very predictable. Our powerplay is at its best when it's a scrabbled mess but with possession.

I'd rather plant Zacha there and give him a shot with how well he passes.

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
Severson is playing like a boss. Lappin gonna be a great bottom 6er, great shot!

Zacha played well IMO, had a terrific backhand feed to DSP, but the goalie stopped it or he missed wide can't remember. Overall, he was way more noticeable than in Buffalo.

Josefson was useless as always.

Nice road trip now let's see what this team is made of.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I really am excited with Severson's start. He is playing like a boss.

About as good as start as anyone could of hoped for.

We would be comfortably in a top 3 playoff spot in any other division.

Darkauron

Jul 14, 2011
South Jersey
I really am excited with Severson's start. He is playing like a boss.

About as good as start as anyone could of hoped for.

We would be comfortably in a top 3 playoff spot in any other division.

He has been playing pretty good, though he could still use some improvement. He will be a beast if works on a few more things. Kid is going to get paaaaid.

ChicoEatsNachos

Jan 14, 2016
Little Ferry NJ
yea, I was always hard on Severson but he has been very good this year. Playing with confidence offensively.

There are few things I enjoy more as a fan than having a player you've ragged on deliver strong play. For example, I've been pretty hard on Zajac for years and I have found his start to the season so thrilling. It's so fun when a player performs above your personal expectations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad