GDT: Sabres @ Devils - DAS EUPHORIA PART QUATRE

Status
Not open for further replies.

DerekDevils30

Feb 2, 2007
Manitoba
I'm starting to think Lappin's here to stay, he's had a nice contribution the last couple weeks considering his limited icetime.

No reason to send him down. He is tenacious on the forecheck and puts the puck on net. He is also passable defensively at this point.

Lou is God

Nov 10, 2003
New Jersey
Even in the glory years we never got off to this kind of home start

That year's Devils were a tough team to figure out, lots of talent as the start shows but win only 25 more games the rest of the year. Still made the playoffs and in the first round they had the Pens against the ropes, up 3-2 in the series with Game 6 (that I attended) at the Meadowlands. Lost 4-3 and then lost game 7 easily.

Pens would go on to win their first cup.

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
Good game to be at, nice to see the veterans get appreciated, awesome to get the two points and be on a four game win streak. Devils were fun to cheer on tonight.

HenriquesJawLine

Mar 6, 2009
I'm starting to think Lappin's here to stay, he's had a nice contribution the last couple weeks considering his limited icetime.

He's the perfect modern bottom 6 forward. It's easy to forget that there were actually a lot of teams after him, Elliotte Friedman even broke the news himself. Very excited about him.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Highlights for me today on my birthday:
- Nearly seeing the Columbia football team win a game (alas they came up 2 points short)
- Getting a free birthday coffee and donut from Krispy Kreme.
- Seeing NJ hit a group of marines with a t-shirt toss like he was Tom Brady
- Not having to pay for the train from NYP to Newark both ways because the trains were too crowded for the conductor to get through.

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
This was the 60 minute effort I was talking about. There wasn't a big block in time where I felt they were dominated.

The shots were coming from the center of the ice and not off the LW.

Very good game at ES!!!

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I see Lappin scored again.

It would be the dumbest decision the organization has made since Oates was coaching here, if we sent him back so we could activate Gazdic. At least at this point, you can't send him back.

I almost wish he got JJ's spot on the 3rd line (insanity that JJ is still playing up there), but that 4th line has been playing well.

I was at the Sharks/Bolts and haven't had a chance to watch yet.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
They were creating more chances tonight, which was an improvement. I think the JJ on the half wall experiment has run its course.

I think he's run his course here period.

This is why people on this board beat up on him, because he's put in roles that he has no business being in. He proved last year that he has no place in any teams top 9, unless we're icing the worst third line in the history of hockey, which was the case for most of last year and in no small part due to him having a huge hand in that.

If he were played on the 4th line ONLY, I think most of this board could care less and wouldn't go out of their way to ***** and complain about him. He's treated like a 21 or 22 year old prospect that still has potential.

I don't blame the staff for using him on the PP still, because it was the only thing at offense that he was good at last year. But I think it's getting close to time running out on that too. I said after last year, he's probably better at even strength than he was last year but also not as good as he was on the power play. I said he'd likely score more even strength points but fewer on the power play. And in the end, he'll still score at a 20 points per 82 game clip either way.

Sgt Brylin

Trade is one for one
Dec 28, 2012

I think Srtrka was picked up to take Lappin's spot in Albany, and that Boosh is on the block. I wouldn't be surprised to see some sort of package deal for picks or veteran depth at some point.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Keep Lappin, it's a certifiable crime if he's sent back, unless he slows down and it happens in a couple weeks from now.

What an amazing 30 seconds of JJ before the Foligno goal!:yo:

TOO MUCH name dropping of that ****face Mike Foligno on this broadcast. Also loved Dano and Johnny Mac ripping on JJ's play on that shift Foligno scored, yet refusing to outright say his name.

What's up with all the 80's mustaches, especially with all these young guys on that team? Why do all these young guys want all this nasty facial hair? That beard O'Reilly had last night, Lehner has one too. Burns and Thornton kind of look cool with them, but not these young guys. Nice 80's cop show mustache on Foligno.

Severson is a beast, he's really looking like the best offensive defenseman we've had since Rafalski this year. Thank god Palmieri and Henrique broke out of the slump tonight.

Another horrific game from Evander Kane. HNIC was talking about how Bylsma singled him out in his post game tonight and said he needed more from him. Two really brutal penalties taken by him in this game tonight.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
The offsides challenge from Danny Abysmal and his staff was highly suspect. That's the kind of **** that annoys me. He looks like he wants to challenge, then decides not to. Then when the puck is about to be dropped, he yells out to use the challenge. His one assistant was giggling about it too.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
The offsides challenge from Danny Abysmal and his staff was highly suspect. That's the kind of **** that annoys me. He looks like he wants to challenge, then decides not to. Then when the puck is about to be dropped, he yells out to use the challenge. His one assistant was giggling about it too.

I didn't mind the challenge decision itself but the officials let them have WAY too much time to challenge. When they were talking to them on the bench I figured that was the challenge then they didn't before they were about to drop the puck. Drop the puck or go to the challenge please!

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Also dance party.

exheSKb.gif

Never gets old :laugh: though I'd like to see Cangy or someone on the kid in the back. There's also an unused face right behind Hynes and Shero. Sevs would be a good choice there.

Sascha Goc

Mar 9, 2014
There is no way in the past couple years that this team would've found a way to win all 4 of these games vs the canes and sabres. That in itself should show the improvement from last year to now.

Camille the Eel

Definitely here to stay. He earned his spot.

His goal - fueled by Hall's counterattack and pass - was a beautiful finish, a real skill shot under the bar on the goalie's glove side, and turned the game around. We were swooning at that point and Buffalo had taken over the game. With that play (and then Pallmieri's a few minutes later) the air went right out of the Buffalo tires. It was never in doubt after that.

He was a star of that game if to be a star is to make the most important play of the night.

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
To elaborate on my earlier post, here's the guys who stood out from my seat in the lower bowl:

Cory: Made some great saves as always.

Severson: He looks really good and confident out there. So fun to watch him and then think about how young he still is.

Lappin: Fit into his new spot in the lineup pretty seamlessly, and it was very exciting to see him score.

Hall: Every time I've seen him live, he's been amazing to watch. So much speed and creativity. Making plays, working hard, and oh-so-close to scoring several times tonight. He was buzzing last night.

Palmieri & Henrique: Both actually looked good and contributed.

All in all, cool game to be at. Hopefully the Devils can continue to reward fans with wins at home. :yo:

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
JJ won all 7 faceoffs and had a 63% CF

*ducks*

Aside from the games he's had Cammalleri on his third line, his line has basically been used as a fourth line more often than not. Even in the games with Cammalleri, his line was never the clear cut third line over Fiddler's

Hynes used Fiddler's line as the third line very often last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad