GDT: Sabres @ Devils - 7 P.M. - MSGSN/MSGSNZ1-Z2

Status
Not open for further replies.

SJinNewJersey

Every single one of us, the devil inside
Dec 21, 2017
New Jersey
I think Nico needs a helmet with more padding.
1698494197146.png

Last edited:

ndkjr70

Jan 30, 2023
Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but my friend who's gone to ~25 games a year since Prudential opened in 2007 said "this is the first time I've ever had to take my sweatshirt off inside because I was sweating my balls off".

ndkjr70

Jan 30, 2023
At what point do you give McLeod some more minutes and see how he can handle them? If you're only looking at 2023, can you really tell me Mercer deserves 5+ more minutes at 5v5 right now?

There was a play late in the game where the Devils were (again) having tremendous difficulty getting the puck out. McLeod wheeled back into the zone and grabbed the puck and skated it out, got it deep, and let the Devils change. The way he skates is so effortless and it feels like every year he gets a little bit smarter without the puck and a little bit more decisive with the puck. He's carved out an excellent role for himself and I'm a huge fan of his.

Toffoli-Hughes-Meier
Palat-Hischier-Bratt
Haula-McLeod-Mercer
Holtz-Bastian-Lazar

who say no

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but my friend who's gone to ~25 games a year since Prudential opened in 2007 said "this is the first time I've ever had to take my sweatshirt off inside because I was sweating my balls off".

I asked last night if anyone else who went thought it was really hot, I was sweating too. I think maybe they didn't expect it to be so warm outside or something, idk

Brooklyndevil

Jun 24, 2005
Freehold, NJ USA
I’m happy to see Holtz improving. His passing is pretty good and his defense is improving has well. Two guys that worry me his Mercer and Meier. We need more production from these guys. Although, except for scoring, Meier has been good.

I miss Mercer, the kid has been good since his rookie season and one of my favorite player’s . I’m a bit baffled why he struggling.

Last edited:

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
I happy to see Holtz improving. His passing is pretty good and his defense is improving has well. Two guys that worry me his Mercer and Meier. We need more production from these guys. Although, except for scoring, Meier has been good.

I miss Mercer, the kid has been good since his rookie season and one of my favorite player. I’m a bit baffled why he struggling.

I wouldn’t mind the lack of production from Mercer if everything else wasn’t soooooo bad. Like obviously you’d still want more than 0s but he’s never really been much of a producer away from the stars. 5 total shots in 7 games with only 2 after the Detroit game is pathetic. He simply hasn’t been an NHL caliber player so far.

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010

I wouldn’t mind the lack of production from Mercer if everything else wasn’t soooooo bad. Like obviously you’d still want more than 0s but he’s never really been much of a producer away from the stars. 5 total shots in 7 games with only 2 after the Detroit game is pathetic. He simply hasn’t been an NHL caliber player so far.
Yup. I’m very confident he’ll turn it around, he’s not suddenly a bad player. But I feel like it’s definitely in his head now. Has to shake it off someway.

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
Maybe it’s a typical fan’s melodramatic take but I almost wonder if they tried to talk extension in the summer and things reached an impasse and it’s messing with his head.

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Mercer has been too solid in his career to just turn terrible out of nowhere. He’ll find it. Timo seems to slowly come on every year according to SJ fans.
Timo is playing fine now from what I see. He's getting chances and is at 6 point in 7 games and he's getting some good looks. His game is fine and coming along right now.

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
It's all about confidence and maybe a conditioning component with mercer right now. Too much thinking.

He showed what he's capable of last year when he gets rolling.

When he feels good he skates into any situation and his decision making is super quick.

He seems tentative for the first time in his career and maybe you're right that contact, or at least expectations are having allot to do with it

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
It's all about confidence and maybe a conditioning component with mercer right now. Too much thinking.

He showed what he's capable of last year when he gets rolling.

When he feels good he skates into any situation and his decision making is super quick.

He seems tentative for the first time in his career and maybe you're right that contact, or at least expectations are having allot to do with it
Mercer needs an afternoon game to change the mojo, hatty coming tomorrow :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad