Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
"Held out, just precautionary"

1698460914553.png

Camille the Eel

Watching the highlights, looks like Holtz had a strong game. That pass to Meier for the one-timer was gorgeous. Mercer looked more involved, Luke had a good game also it seems. Who else was solid tonight?
Luke had a lot of good moments but also a few shaky ones. Can’t really jump on him for falling down on the play that led to the Buffalo goal, or can we? It’s easy to forget he’s a rookie playing in just his 8th or 9th game. He’s so brilliant.

The speed when he sees an opening and takes off towards the net omg. There was one play tonight when both Hughes boys were tearing into the Buffalo zone together and for sheer high octane turbo charged acceleration and agility, it was just insane. Buffalo can’t match that. Nobody can.

Switching topics, great game by Bratt. That quick goal after the Nico hit was a huge momentum shift in a game that had several big momentum swings.

Very entertaining hockey game . . . Now that we won it.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
I want Timo-McLeod-Holtz to be given a shot. Holtz and McLeod showed something and I still don’t love Timo with Jack.
I don't see it in general, but if Nico is out on Sunday, maybe that opens the door?

McLeod did play a bit with Palat tonight and they had good numbers. Played less then a minute with Meier. If that is an indicator, and I think it is, you might have to settle for Palat McLeod Holtz.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
I want Timo-McLeod-Holtz to be given a shot. Holtz and McLeod showed something and I still don’t love Timo with Jack.
I think Timo needs the puck on a stick a lot more than Jack allows. Pairing him with more workman like players might be a good idea. Problem is that puts Palat higher than I'd like as well.

Reactions: Nubmer6

Bcap88

Ruff season that’s for sure
Aug 12, 2011
Chicago
Timo has been playing well with jack and playing RIGHT wing where he played 90 percent of his San Jose career.

Moving him to that line shifts him to LW with no real playmaker

Reactions: Alex NJD

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Timo has been playing well with jack and playing RIGHT wing where he played 90 percent of his San Jose career.

Moving him to that line shifts him to LW with no real playmaker
Timo with Jack 5v5 tonight was pretty brutal. 4-10 corsi. 1-6 shots. 0-2 goals.

And I think the thought is Timo does not need a playmaker. He is the play driver.

Reactions: mdj12784

Goptor

Jun 30, 2016
Eh, I don't think he said anything wrong. This was basically how our fanbase felt in 21-22.

Its even worse than with us. At least we thought we had 2 guys who could be a starter.

They started the year knowing that they do not have a starting level goaltender. They just held hope that the rookie goalie would carry them. Naturally, their rooking goalie looks like a rookie goalie.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
So what exactly is Nico’s issue? If it was a concussion, they couldn’t possibly have cleared him only to unclear him a period later?!

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
4th goal was a definite softy but credit to the team that it was not deflating.
Yeah, I don’t think the team was deflated by it in the end, but i meant it was the kind of goal that could be deflating. Clearly it didn’t deflate them. I don’t think we allowed another shot until they pulled their goalie about 6 game minutes later.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
So what exactly is Nico’s issue? If it was a concussion, they couldn’t possibly have cleared him only to unclear him a period later?!
He was probably just hurting and something was bothering him enough to take himself out of the game, if I had to guess.

Reactions: Devs3cups
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad