GDT: Sabres @ Devils - 7 P.M. - MSGSN/MSGSNZ1-Z2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brooklyndevil

Jun 24, 2005
Freehold, NJ USA
Rags fans talking a lot of crap about our Devils. We’re not even at the 10 game mark. Calling us the new Oilers. Every time they piss me off, I watch game 7, from last year’s playoff. And Holtz who they called a bust has as many goals as Kappo Cocky.

Last edited:
Reactions: Guadana

Clam Jensen

Apr 8, 2008
NJ
Unfortunately, the Devils have been playing pond hockey a bit to much for my liking. Gotta tighten up defensively. We just don’t have the quality goaltending to play that style.
I don’t disagree, I just find it laughable that HB can never say a single positive thing about this team.

Rags fans talking a lot of crap about our Devils. We’re not even at the 10 game mark. Calling us the new Oilers. Every time they piss me off, I watch game 7, from last year’s playoff. And Holtz who they called a bust has as many goals as Kappo Cocky.
They’re just jealous that their best players are AARP eligible and their captain is a fraudulent cheap shot artist who literally has cried in a post game interview.

RSeen

Oct 26, 2011
Toronto
He’s our best defensemen. It’s crazy.
He is not our best defensemen. He has been been good overall but has had multiple poor turnovers that needs to be cleaned up. He is a rookie so its expected, but he has not been better than Dougie.

Clam Jensen

Apr 8, 2008
NJ
He is not our best defensemen. He has been been good overall but has had multiple poor turnovers that needs to be cleaned up. He is a rookie so it’s expected, but he has not been better than Dougie.
Disagree. He’s been better than Dougie, and Dougie has been really good. He has more points, but Luke is equal to or better than Dougie in most if not all advanced stat categories. Sure he has some gaffes on D, but so does Dougie.

Poppy Whoa Sonnet

J'Accuse!
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2007
Whomever made the call to allow Nico to come back into the game needs to be called out onto the carpet and torn a brand new asshole. He took a direct elbow to the head and got knocked loopy, under no circumstance should he have been allowed to reenter the game.
They still aren't admitting he was concussed. Guys are going to lie, or do whatever they can to get back on the ice. I'm not sure each league's process but the NFL of all leagues seems to be doing a better job at protecting its players post concussion this year, maybe they were scared straight after the Tua Tagovailoa stuff last year.

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
They still aren't admitting he was concussed. Guys are going to lie, or do whatever they can to get back on the ice. I'm not sure each league's process but the NFL of all leagues seems to be doing a better job at protecting its players post concussion this year, maybe they were scared straight after the Tua Tagovailoa stuff last year.
The players have a battery of tests that they have to pass before they can be cleared to play.

They set the baseline for these tests while in normal health and someone with a concussion should be unable to score to that baseline.

I don’t think Nico should have come back either but if Nico passes the concussion tests then he’s cleared from that perspective.

On the bench, after the second hit, it looked like his neck was bothering him which is a reasonable possible injury that isn’t a concussion.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Vitek's issue seems to be when people shoot from a little father out. Sometimes he barely moves, almost like he is flinching while the puck is flying by him. Blackwood used to do a shoulder shrug.

In close he seems to be much better.
It’s mostly been Schmid that has been giving up the one middle of long range, clear sighted wrister once a game, but Vitek did it last night in the 1st.

RSeen

Oct 26, 2011
Toronto
Disagree. He’s been better than Dougie, and Dougie has been really good. He has more points, but Luke is equal to or better than Dougie in most if not all advanced stat categories. Sure he has some gaffes on D, but so does Dougie.
Dougie has not been responsible for multiple breakaways against and more than likely, Luke is getting sheltered minutes.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Dougie has not been responsible for multiple breakaways against and more than likely, Luke is getting sheltered minutes.
In terms of zone starts, Dougie get's the easiest gigs, while Luke only trails Smith in terms of toughest. Pretty interesting how stark a difference it is.

Too early to really determine matchup choices, both guys top opposition is Kuznetsov. Edit: checked Marino's opposition, and he's getting the tough macthups, which is to be expected.

So I agree, Luke has made a bunch of gaffe's leading to rushes against, but it doesn't look to be true that he has been sheltered, more difficult usage then Hamilton actually.

Last edited:
Reactions: Clam Jensen

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
Re: Luke, you have to let him push the threshold of what he's capable of, short of completely losing the game for the team and getting benched that way. The leash will get shorter but we're seven games in. His brother got a lot of rope, more than Luke will ever get. There's a limit to both the old school 'earn the right to be yourself' mentality and how many mistakes you're going to tolerate in crunch time.

Also, gotta say, I love the redemption stories this year. I've been rough on McLeod since the draft and have never been a big fan of Holtz, but nothing makes me happier than seeing these guys prove me wrong. I hope it keeps going.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Re: Luke, you have to let him push the threshold of what he's capable of, short of completely losing the game for the team and getting benched that way. The leash will get shorter but we're seven games in. His brother got a lot of rope, more than Luke will ever get. There's a limit to both the old school 'earn the right to be yourself' mentality and how many mistakes you're going to tolerate in crunch time.

Also, gotta say, I love the redemption stories this year. I've been rough on McLeod since the draft and have never been a big fan of Holtz, but nothing makes me happier than seeing these guys prove me wrong. I hope it keeps going.
I was pleasantly surprised to see that the only player that played more than Jack on Friday (22:02) was Luke (22:33). This kid could be a minute eater early in his career.

Clam Jensen

Apr 8, 2008
NJ
I don’t count Luke tripping against him. It’s not like people are skating through or around him like has happened to Dougie in the past. I respect your opinion, I just disagree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad