Post-Game Talk: Sabres def. Canucks - 3-2 (OT) (Miller, Horvat)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mriswith

Oct 12, 2011
Flail away my friend, flail away.

You saying that because many people on this board, all of whom happen to agree on almost everything btw and all of it negative, don't like that poster means that it's not gatekeeping just shows me that you don't know what gatekeeping is.

Oh, he can be a fan (how generous of you), but he can't start a GDT because...wow did he say something racist, sexist, homophobic? No?

Hmm, is he clearly a troll who is a fan of like Edmonton and just says a bunch of nonsense that disrespects the team or its fans? No?

Ohhhh, so because he disagrees with the prevailing narrative on hfboards Vancouver, he shouldn't be allowed to start GDTs on his favorite hockey forum...I'm...I'm sure there's a word for that. But what could it be?
We're not talking about gatekeeping everything, that's just ridiculous. Sometimes gatekeeping is a good thing and literally everyone on the planet believes in some amount of gatekeeping for some things.

You accused me of gatekeeping being a canucks fan by saying I was a hypocrite for criticizing gatekeeping fandom. You are wrong.

Hfboards removes likes after a certain number of warnings for a reason and my recommendation is no different from that. Gatekeeping fandom is not the same as gatekeeping GDT creation. If you can't figure that out then we can't even have a conversation.

I find arguments like this so gross. I genuinely can't tell if you have horrible reading comprehension or if you are so ego invested in your position that you have to be this disingenuous.

Reactions: geebaan and arttk

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
2-3-2 on this homestand.

Well now, trade tomorrow
that was bound to be anyways. at first there were at least 3 games that were winnable.. but nope. JR work your magic and retool this roster. now and heading into the off-season. lots of new faces next year guaranteed. some contracts could be movable if alvin/jr can find a dance partner.

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
We're not talking about gatekeeping everything, that's just ridiculous. Sometimes gatekeeping is a good thing and literally everyone on the planet believes in some amount of gatekeeping for some things.

You accused me of gatekeeping being a canucks fan by saying I was a hypocrite for criticizing gatekeeping fandom. You are wrong.

Hfboards removes likes after a certain number of warnings for a reason and my recommendation is no different from that. Gatekeeping fandom is not the same as gatekeeping GDT creation. If you can't figure that out then we can't even have a conversation.

I find arguments like this so gross. I genuinely can't tell if you have horrible reading comprehension or if you are so ego invested in your position that you have to be this disingenuous.

This has long been a problem with these boards / this generation. If you don’t have blind faith, you’re not a good fan. If you criticize the team you’re not a good fan. Having standards or being disappointed doesn’t make you less of a fan. This team is an utter embarrassment for the better part of 50 years. It’s ok to not be ok with that.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
General comments on the competitive part of the season which is now over

Not enough horses and the top guys have mostly disappointed.

Was nice to see that Horvat Demko and Miller could elevate their games to help us get back some hope and respectability but the general efforts and execution/effectiveness of Pettersson Boeser and Hughes has been a tough pill to swallow given they set these 3 up to be our top paid players and franchise guys.....quite frankly aside from Hughes i've been largely disgusted with prince charming and sweetie Petey this year. If management decides that they want to carry on with those 2 they better tear a strip off them and Horvat in the end of season meetings about preparation off season and in season. The starts they had is inexcusable given their importance to the team and pay grades.

It's kinda sad about Miller he's truly one of my favorite Canucks in a long time and the wasted spending and recklessness and failures of our past regime has torched his prime as far as winning anything here and now the organization is left with an agonizing decision to move on as it's probably not a tenable situation for the team when they realistically get things steered the right way if they can and if he would even want to stay here.

Pretty solid years for Pearson Motte and Schenn but with that god awful acquisition of Dickinson, Motte being a UFA and our quest for pace its may be the end of the line for a couple of them if not all which is too bad given where they are at career wise and the fact they provided pretty good utility

OEL and Myers. Sigh. Just a sad reminder of Benning and his complete ineptitude with cap and ability to evaluate defenseman and or age curves. Once very good and in OELs case an excellent player in this league now barely hanging on as good top4 players. Had respectable years going until the last 10 games but the load and pace has taken it's toll and now it's mostly just a matter of when not if they become liabilities in play that join their negative value related to cap hits.

Garland has been a fun player to watch and decent 5v5 contributor as far as creativity, compete and possession in the offensive zone. Not sold on his ability to play in tight physical games and disappointed in his 40-45 pt pace production was expecting more.

Hoglander and Podkolzin have had tough years. In spurts both have had stretches of quality play but for the most part both need big steps in terms of puck management, positional play and consistency. Like to think they are 2 quality pieces going forward hope they can elevate their games largely and soon.

Lammikko Highmore and Poolman have looked like decent depth. Too bad about Poolman's injury and contract

Dickinson Halak Chiasson Hamonic and Hunt have been either barely serviceable or complete failures given the expectations. It's good to hear that they were able to move away from Hamonic and the glut of 3rd pair RD that JB targeted.

Boudreau has been a breathe of fresh air. Love his candid and mostly pleasant demeaner. Always disliked Travis and his fake positivity and dishonest approach to media.

Another non playoff year and despite all these missed playoff seasons 14-16-17-18-19-21 and now 22 we have Pettersson Hughes and Podkolzin to show for it from the lottery selections. It's gonna be a tough job to get this team to be a contender it's an absolute travesty that we diidn't go full rebuild in 2014 or at the very least 2016

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011

Not sure why he's mincing words - they should be embarrassed.

They get an early vacation this year. EP can continue with his influencer ways. Hughes, Boeser and Miller can go back to America and Myers can go back to the zoo.

• Haha
Reactions: David71

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
We lost to the Buffalo sabres and Detroit red wings at home when we needed to win lol.

Yah this team is a few pieces away lol.

not a few pieces. Alot of pieces. from day 1. rutherford/jr saying build from the net out. need more speed amongst the fwds. draft/find some cheap players via college route/european league. but is heavily capped out. let's see in 6/9 months time let's see how the roster will look heading into next year and beyond.

Hammer79

Jan 9, 2009
Kelowna
The Buffalo game on our early season road trip was the warning sign that this roster wasn't able to get to another gear. We got embarrassed in Buffalo, still get completely worked for first 10 minutes of this game. There just isn't that pushback with this roster. We're too slow and any time a team starts with speed in the 1st vs us, we're hanging on by our fingernails.

Bruce got us to stop sending forwards back to help and went with an aggressive forecheck. It worked for a while and took some teams off guard for a while. Then our opponents made adjustments and we are back to playing catchup most games.

Reactions: geebaan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad