Post-Game Talk: Sabres def. Canucks - 3-2 (OT) (Miller, Horvat)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orr4Norris

Mar 2, 2018
Boeser maybe, not OEL or Myers. OEL is hurt and Myers is just a limited players but I have never heard anything about them being anything other than consummate professionals.

I'm thinking skewing younger, Boeser could be one, possibly Petey. His phrasing almost makes you think there might be a bit of a clique.
I thought the most interesting part of the comment came after the quote in that tweet. He went on to talk about how you can’t expect the games to be easy, and wait for chances on the perimeter or PP. So looks like he’s talking about forwards who like to play a perimeter game…

AzNightmare

Unregistered User
May 11, 2011
hahaha, Benning supporters...
We have a legit team.
No changes were made and we're like a top 5 team with the right coach.

Nah, this team was built bad and it sucks.

innitfam

Oct 18, 2017
Bad game tonight. Playoffs are all but a fanciful dream.

Leaving 3 of 4 points on the board against weaker opponents is not going to cut it.

Their shitty overtime performances latest are just headscratching...

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
I thought the most interesting part of the comment came after the quote in that tweet. He went on to talk about how you can’t expect the games to be easy, and wait for chances on the perimeter or PP. So looks like he’s talking about forwards who like to play a perimeter game…
Of which our team is exceedingly guilty. Most of our chances come off of turnovers or off of Miller doing a solo dash. In terms of sustained pressure, it's always from the outside. The number of times we have a long term possession with multiple good chances and several good puck retrievals is less than once a week.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
hahaha, Benning supporters...
We have a legit team.
No changes were made and we're like a top 5 team with the right coach.

Nah, this team was built bad and it sucks.

Jim Benning was managing this team plus his daughters Instagram ‘modelling’ career..

What’s a father to do!

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
We're not talking about gatekeeping everything, that's just ridiculous. Sometimes gatekeeping is a good thing and literally everyone on the planet believes in some amount of gatekeeping for some things.

You accused me of gatekeeping being a canucks fan by saying I was a hypocrite for criticizing gatekeeping fandom. You are wrong.

Hfboards removes likes after a certain number of warnings for a reason and my recommendation is no different from that. Gatekeeping fandom is not the same as gatekeeping GDT creation. If you can't figure that out then we can't even have a conversation.

I find arguments like this so gross. I genuinely can't tell if you have horrible reading comprehension or if you are so ego invested in your position that you have to be this disingenuous.
Staggering levels of projection.

Nice movement of the goalposts btw.

Before it wasn't gatekeeping at all. But now there's a universal level of gatekeeping that we all like and, what a coincidence, you happen to think you're on the right side of it. Incredible. You have utterly dismantled my argument that there might be any hypocrisy here.

Then you call me out for being disingenuous, my God. That's the cherry on top. You're a master chef, you have all the nice touches.

Reactions: RussianRacket

Orr4Norris

Mar 2, 2018
Ooof. Miller talking about how it’s effort based, wanting to be in the playoffs, the will to win, Buffalo wanting it more… that is not a ringing endorsement of the locker room and team character.

mriswith

Oct 12, 2011
Staggering levels of projection.

Nice movement of the goalposts btw.
I literally haven't moved the goalposts at all.

Before it wasn't gatekeeping at all.
Now you're just straight up lying.

You know it's all in writing and everyone can go back and read it right?

I have not been gatekeeping how to be a fan, that was just you. And that's not even remotely the same as having rules for who can make GDT's on hfboards based on how many users have someone on ignore.

But now there's a universal level of gatekeeping that we all like and, what a coincidence, you happen to think you're on the right side of it.
Wrong. Everyone believes in some amount of gatekeeping for some things is not the same as "universal level of gatekeeping that we all like and I'm on the right side of it".

What's the word for deliberately misconstruing my argument and accusing me of saying things I didn't say? Let me think.... here it is:

Then you call me out for being disingenuous,
Correct. You are either extremely disingenuous, or you have poor reading comprehension. I genuinely can't tell which one it is for you.

AzNightmare

Unregistered User
May 11, 2011
Feel free to quote anyone who said that..?

I'm not on these forums a whole lot. It was just a general statement that I've been seeing people argue on YouTube comments making such claim.

Maybe not as literal as "top 5", but we know there are fans around that were a bit over optimistic and thought this team was actually good, especially when the team was winning with a new coach without changing any of the players. Top 5, top 10, even top 15... I don't think Canucks are even that.

My point still stands that this team is far from good.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
I'm not on these forums a whole lot. It was just a general statement that I've been seeing people argue on YouTube comments making such claim.

Maybe not as literal as "top 5", but we know there are fans around that were a bit over optimistic and thought this team was actually good, especially when the team was winning with a new coach without changing any of the players. Top 5, top 10, even top 15... I don't think Canucks are even that.

My point still stands that this team is far from good.
The team could have been a capable bubble playoff team, if not for the horrific start..Nobody here has said they were a top 5 team, or anywhere near a SC contender.

Hammer79

Jan 9, 2009
Kelowna
Pettersson has turned back into a pumpkin.

Remove EN points and he has 1 ES point (a 2nd assist) in his last 8 games.

When Miller is calling out perimeter players, you know it has to be 6 and 40.

I think it's pretty obvious that EP re-aggravated his wrist injury a couple of weeks ago. Once he got the tape off in late January, he was back to ripping one-timers and getting results. For a while, he was the EP from earlier seasons.

Watch him on the PP now, he is getting dished the puck and he just gives it back to whoever passed it to him. That, or he does a pump fake and waits until the goalie is set before releasing a predictable shot. It must be his wrist causing him to not have confidence in releasing his one-timer.

For that reason, I'm going to give him a mulligan this season. I saw that he still had it for that brief window that his wrist was back to normal. He's obviously playing hurt.

Hammer79

Jan 9, 2009
Kelowna
Ooof. Miller talking about how it’s effort based, wanting to be in the playoffs, the will to win, Buffalo wanting it more… that is not a ringing endorsement of the locker room and team character.
Schenn made a similar comment about a 'handful of players' not playing up to expectations. I think these veiled shots are directed at questioning Bo's captaincy and the overall 'country club' crew attitude.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
I think it's pretty obvious that EP re-aggravated his wrist injury a couple of weeks ago. Once he got the tape off in late January, he was back to ripping one-timers and getting results. For a while, he was the EP from earlier seasons.

Watch him on the PP now, he is getting dished the puck and he just gives it back to whoever passed it to him. That, or he does a pump fake and waits until the goalie is set before releasing a predictable shot. It must be his wrist causing him to not have confidence in releasing his one-timer.

For that reason, I'm going to give him a mulligan this season. I saw that he still had it for that brief window that his wrist was back to normal. He's obviously playing hurt.
At some point you have to start to wonder if this injury might nag him throughout his career. It shut him down last season and now he has tried playing through it for the majority of this season.

Hammer79

Jan 9, 2009
Kelowna
At some point you have to start to wonder if this injury might nag him throughout his career. It shut him down last season and now he has tried playing through it for the majority of this season.

Yes, it's a concern to be sure. I'm more reacting to the post game comments from callers to SN 650 that he ought to be traded. I'm not sure what rehab looks like for that injury, but I don't think lack of effort is EP's issue.

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
Schenn made a similar comment about a 'handful of players' not playing up to expectations. I think these veiled shots are directed at questioning Bo's captaincy and the overall 'country club' crew attitude.
Everything old is new again.

BD95Dkg.png

Tomatoes11

Dec 25, 2021

I am not too concerned about EP’s injury. I am more concerned that we are even playing him for a playoff push. He shouldn’t even be in the lineup. If my employer forced me to go along with this farce of a wild goose chase and risk my health and career for nothing I would instantly ask for a trade. They shouldn’t play him until he is ready, especially in our current situation. If it was real playoffs and we were actually contenders then maybe freeze the wrist/take some T 3’s and throw him in but for this farce?!

IslandBeast

Apr 19, 2015
V.I
I am not too concerned about EP’s injury. I am more concerned that we are even playing him for a playoff push. He shouldn’t even be in the lineup. If my employer forced me to go along with this farce of a wild goose chase and risk my health and career for nothing I would instantly ask for a trade. They shouldn’t play him until he is ready, especially in our current situation. If it was real playoffs and we were actually contenders then maybe freeze the wrist/take some T 3’s and throw him in but for this farce?!
You're talking like you know for sure his wrist is reinjured? I know there were rumors about it, but do we know for sure?

What if his wrist is fine? What if he just isn't that good? Tough to want to believe isn't it?

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
You're talking like you know for sure his wrist is reinjured? I know there were rumors about it, but do we know for sure?

What if his wrist is fine? What if he just isn't that good? Tough to want to believe isn't it?

It's clearly his wrist.

He's not taking draws, he's not taking one timers, he's defaulting to weak wrist shots. I suspect in a few more days if/ when the team is mathematically out he'll be shut down. (Along with a few others. )

He's playing through it because the team was chasing a playoff spot.

Reactions: Regress2TheMeme

Tomatoes11

Dec 25, 2021
Not sure why Miller was surprised. Buffalo did recently stomp the leafs and shut out the team that destroyed us 5-2. So we did well getting a point out of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad