Post-Game Talk: Sabres def. Canucks - 3-2 (OT) (Miller, Horvat)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
That's why I'm glad it broke down the way it did. I'd hate to see the team let the TDL come and go without doing anything future focused and then get absolutely curb stomped during the tough part of the schedule.
Usually they play to the level of competition but then we had that Calgary game so....who knows? LOL.

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008
Vancouver
3 things in life are certain

1. Death
2. Taxes
3. The Canucks disappointing me

We don't deserve to make the playoffs if we can't even beat Detroit and Buffalo, shameful performances

Reactions: mossey3535

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
That's not fan gatekeeping, any type of fan can be a fan. He's welcome to be a fan and cheer his own way,

But just like at a certain number of warnings you lose your likes, you should also hit a threshold where if a certain number of posters have you blocked and you should no longer be allowed to make GDT threads. I'm pretty confident that one would qualify. Other threads, fine, not GDT's though.

If you like apples and don't like oranges it's not hypocrisy and your comparison is apples to oranges.

Anyways back to the game...
Flail away my friend, flail away.

You saying that because many people on this board, all of whom happen to agree on almost everything btw and all of it negative, don't like that poster means that it's not gatekeeping just shows me that you don't know what gatekeeping is.

Oh, he can be a fan (how generous of you), but he can't start a GDT because...wow did he say something racist, sexist, homophobic? No?

Hmm, is he clearly a troll who is a fan of like Edmonton and just says a bunch of nonsense that disrespects the team or its fans? No?

Ohhhh, so because he disagrees with the prevailing narrative on hfboards Vancouver, he shouldn't be allowed to start GDTs on his favorite hockey forum...I'm...I'm sure there's a word for that. But what could it be?

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Terrible homestand..Just dotted the i, and crossed the t..........cant say that the opportunity didn't present itself..When you lose the season series to both the Red Wings and the Sabres,you're asking for trouble...

Players must surely realize that this is the end of the road for this season...It may indicate that another trade may happen tomorrow (although I dont see any of the key guys going)...Onto garbage time we go...

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
Terrible homestand..Just dotted the i, and crossed the t..........cant say that the opportunity didn't present itself..When you lose the season series to both the Red Wings and the Sabres,you're asking for trouble...

Players must surely realize that this is the end of the road for this season...It may indicate that another trade may happen tomorrow (although I dont see any of the key guys going)...Onto garbage time we go...

Teams a bunch of overpaid f***ing losers. Soft as shit.

Keep demko, garland , miller ; shenn and f*** the rest. All of them.

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
I mean, those aren't remotely the same thing so there isn't any hypocrisy?

Telling someone they aren't a real fan because they aren't doing it right isn't the same thing as pointing out that it creates technical problems for the board when someone that half the people here have on ignore is allowed to make GDTs.
Using technology as an intermediary is nonsense. Yes, it's 'technical problems' that we're all concerned with. Doesn't contradict my point. He gets blocked because he doesn't turn every single possible topic into a rant against someone who hasn't worked for this team this year (2022). It's group think, and because he doesn't subscribe to it, people are saying he shouldn't be allowed to start game threads about his favourite team, because they are choosing to ignore him.

That is gatekeeping. Tell yourself it's justified if you want, but surely MS, you know that it's gatekeeping.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Watching this Canuck team night after night, what I can't understand is how they ended up with so many tiny wingers in their everyday lineup? Watching this group of forwards trying to win board battles is like watching a swarm of gnats trying to bring down a herd of horses.

This roster must cause Rutherford and Allvin to cringe at times. I mean in the NHL playoffs, the game closes down and the physical battles intensify. If you can't compete along the wall, you can't compete in the post-season, period.

So even if by some miracle this Canuck team managed to stagger into a wildcard spot on the back of Thatcher Demko, they simply aren't built to go anywhere in the playoffs even if they ever got there.

So I just don't see how they can avoid just blowing it up. Draw circle around Hughes, Demko, Pettersson and maybe Horvat and then start building for a better future.

Reactions: mathonwy

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Edmonton is good
Calgary is good
Toronto is good.

We are a laughing stock with no hope in sight. This is actual hell.
Bolded I agree with.

Two of those teams are going to give up 4 goals a game in the first round of the playoffs

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Using technology as an intermediary is nonsense. Yes, it's 'technical problems' that we're all concerned with. Doesn't contradict my point. He gets blocked because he doesn't turn every single possible topic into a rant against someone who hasn't worked for this team this year (2022). It's group think, and because he doesn't subscribe to it, people are saying he shouldn't be allowed to start game threads about his favourite team, because they are choosing to ignore him.

That is gatekeeping. Tell yourself it's justified if you want, but surely MS, you know that it's gatekeeping.

He gets blocked because his positions are so crazy that it's actually difficult to figure out if he's an elaborate troll account.

And yes, having a large chunk of the board unable to find important threads is a technical issue. This is not the same as saying that people aren't true fans because they aren't super-duper excited about an 8% chance of finishing in 16th place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad