Post-Game Talk: Sabres @ Caps - 7PM (visiting fans, read our local rules)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Wonder if Trotz keeps Kuznetsov with Ovie and Oshie since Backstrom is expected to play tomorrow.

Ovechkin - Kuznetsov - Oshie
Johansson - Backstrom - Williams
Chimera - Latta - Wilson
Laich - Sill - Burakovsky

Could be a good opportunity for Latta to center the 3rd line while Beagle is out. He's looked good lately before the injury.

Was just about to post this same lineup. If they don't want Sill to play they can slide Latta to 4C, Mojo to 3C, Bura to 2LW and Galiev to 4RW. I'm expecting something similar to what you posted though

bobbybobcat11

Feb 11, 2010
8 - 92 - 77
90 - 19 - 14
25 - 65 - 21
46 - 23 - 43

Basically that 4th line just exists to piss everyone on the other team off

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
what about burakovsky to 3c?

Don't know if Trotz trusts him enough for that role. I noticed Mojo got some shifts at C and Bura at LW. I didn't see Bura at C after the injuries to Backstrom and Beagle.

Biggest takeaway from Beagle's loss is his presence on the PK and his FO ability

bobbybobcat11

Feb 11, 2010
Switch 21 and 43. Laich hasn't done anything to earn a promotion and likewise Willy hasn't done anything to earn a demotion.

Oh I totally agree. I was posting that line up as more of a joke tbh. I can just imagine that being a pretty effective checking line getting under everyone's skin.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
hopefully they mean carlson wont make the hurricanes trip cause they might mean this road trip:

Thu, Dec 31
@
Hurricanes
6:00 PM
Sat, Jan 2
@
Blue Jackets
7:00 PM
Tue, Jan 5
@
Bruins
Thu, Jan 7
@
Islanders
Sat, Jan 9
@
Rangers
1:00 PM

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
Happy to see that we can beat a bad team with 5 players injured.

Ristolainen's hit reminded me of the one that got Ovechkin was suspended for 3 games, expect AO wasn't nearly close to such a headshot.

No good to see so many players hurt. It would be nice to hear something about Orpik's condition, I hope Carlson and Nicky get better soon.

And this is why this "chemistry" talk is of no use. We need to improve the bottom 6.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Time to get an extended look at Stephenson and Carrick, i'd say. Wouldn't mind Barber up for 4RW with Bura taking a C spot either.
Barber hasn't done anything to prove he's ready for the NHL level. He's small and needs to add muscle if he wants to play in a 4th line role. Constantly gets hit off the puck

artilector

Jan 11, 2006
Happy to see that we can beat a bad team with 5 players injured.

Ristolainen's hit reminded me of the one that got Ovechkin was suspended for 3 games, expect AO wasn't nearly close to such a headshot.

No good to see so many players hurt. It would be nice to hear something about Orpik's condition, I hope Carlson and Nicky get better soon.

And this is why this "chemistry" talk is of no use. We need to improve the bottom 6.

Will be funny if after "chemistry" talk Caps roll the welcome mat for Richards.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
So here we go.

Time to let the board blowhards discuss how having wasted cap space won't hurt the team when injuries hit. It'll be fun to lose a few as 3-4 AHL kids get to watch 4.5 STILL play on the 4th line, as they try to fill holes in the top 9 F and the top 4 D.

Awesome.....no, Double awesome.

I'm sure 4.5 will score at least an assist in the next 10, to keep the team afloat.

Yup.

Edit-- I'm sure after a win, is AGAIN not the time to talk about 4.5. My typical faux pas. We need to wait for a loss (not multiple injuries and monster C depth issues....those are irrelevant!) to talk about 4.5. So I will wait till next game or 3.....next loss, we can talk more about 4.5.....yes?

Ok good.

Last edited:

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
So here we go.

Time to let the board blowhards discuss how having wasted cap space won't hurt the team when injuries hit. It'll be fun to lose a few as 3-4 AHL kids get to watch 4.5 STILL play on the 4th line, as they try to fill holes in the top 9 F and the top 4 D.

Awesome.....no, Double awesome.

I'm sure 4.5 will score at least an assist in the next 10, to keep the team afloat.

Yup.

Flag on the play! Premature gloating. :sarcasm:

Seriously tho, let's wait and see what our depth really looks like. It's not clear yet what they need, what it will cost, and whether they can make it work under the cap. It's entirely possible we will see exactly what you predict, but we may see some young guys or AHL stalwarts step up; we surely did tonight.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Flag on the play! Premature gloating. :sarcasm:

Seriously tho, let's wait and see what our depth really looks like. It's not clear yet what they need, what it will cost, and whether they can make it work under the cap. It's entirely possible we will see exactly what you predict, but we may see some young guys or AHL stalwarts step up; we surely did tonight.

Tomorrow night, the Caps may be looking at:
No Backstrom
No Beagle
No Latta

3 of top 4 C's hurt.

And guess what? 4.5, our stalwart guy, will at least still be able to play 4LW for us.

Lol.... Maybe Carrick can play C?

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
My position hasn't changed. Test the depth, explore your options and wait until a little later to add depth as needed. A 3C acquisition would be nice right about now, but there's no reason to start panicking. Blowhard indeed...lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad