Pre-Game Talk: Sabres @ Canadiens game # 18 - November 11th/2017 - 7:00pm EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giacomo

Sep 26, 2017
That defense is horrendous with or without Mete. Might as well just send Mete down to get his offensive game going again. Bergevin has to get a defenseman. The problem is worse than our center problem.
They already told him to find a place in Montreal so I doubt that happens

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
they will send him to the juniors where he will get valuable experience, and be back after

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
We talked about this yesterday and a poster provided a list of the number of back to backs played by each NHL team and I would also be curious to see what the numbers are for the teams getting the visiting team on the second half of a back to back? I think that we would be near the top of the list. "If I told you why I made the Jon Scott trade you wouldn't understand":naughty:

and yet people here still blame the schedule for losses when we have to play back to back like that,

4-2 buffalo tonight

Mostly replying to the second poster but.. the Habs played only one game back-to-back while they played the night before and the other team didn't... but it's going to be the 4th game where the other team played the night before and the Habs didn't. So yeah, let's blame those losses on that.

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
Months ago I said Lindgren was NHL ready. I think after this in the summer if Price returns as the top goalie he is Known for they should trade him for some elite players/prospects. Some teams have prospects they have no room for that we can certainly use.
Oh. sure! Trade L1mdgren and suffer with an older, mediocre Montoya for the rest of the season! Not to mention that Lindgren wouldn't fetch a top forward or Dman in return. Too bad Fucale hasn't become a Lindgren (or a Price).

Reactions: groovejuice

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
That defense is horrendous with or without Mete. Might as well just send Mete down to get his offensive game going again. Bergevin has to get a defenseman. The problem is worse than our center problem.

I don't know why Jerabek hasn't been called up yet. Morrow and Davidson just aren't that good and our defense lacks someone who can move the puck. I agree our defense as it stands today can easily be exposed. Even if the Habs made the playoffs we wouldn't make it far with this defense.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Pretty much a must win game. Columbus is up next too, which I expect will be another loss.

Habs need to win 3 of their next 4 games to get back to .500, which is the first target.

Buffalo is a team they need to beat.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
Are Drouin and Weber back in the line up?

With the loss prediction I am guessing no?

And what about Price I thought he skated in full gear? Lindgren lost a game so its ok they can finally start Price again without starting a controversy.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
This should be a gimme. Wonder who's in goal for both. Watch lehner on his posts if he's there. Book on him is to stuff it against the post, take bad angle shots, make him move up and down.

Would like to see Lindgren get another here. Team is close to making up for their start.
I remember in 015 with Price standing on his league MVP head and Gionta leading the sabres they beat the habs back to back.

"This should be a gimme"???

This non play off team has no gimmes......even against the bottom feeding Sabres. Who were ahead of the Habs a week or so ago. :laugh: a gimme ! :biglaugh:

Reactions: Doc McKenna

theghost1

Oct 30, 2017
Bergevin you clown go get a d-man who can play with Weber cannot have Weber paired with Benn.

Reactions: Tyson

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Drouin is the most talented forward we have but his numbers are just so so. We need a 2-3 point night from our most dynamic forward.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I don't know why Jerabek hasn't been called up yet. Morrow and Davidson just aren't that good and our defense lacks someone who can move the puck. I agree our defense as it stands today can easily be exposed. Even if the Habs made the playoffs we wouldn't make it far with this defense.
He has not been called up because he has been average at best. How about he starts dominating a bit before promoting him?

theghost1

Oct 30, 2017
Drouin is the most talented forward we have but his numbers are just so so. We need a 2-3 point night from our most dynamic forward.
Drouin is outstanding he creates chances every time he is on the ice,just does not have enough talent to play with.

zx81

Aug 2, 2005
What's up with the Froese obsession. The guy brings nothing. He's even worse than McCarron who can at least screen the goalie. He did nothing in the training camp yet he played almost all pre-season games. Now they may start imposing him to us in the regular season. There are better options in Laval

theghost1

Oct 30, 2017
once he goes to the ohl the rule is he doesn't come back
Mete can come back once London's season ends and that will be around March 18th when the OHL season is over,London is not very good so probably will not make the playoffs,of course London could always trade Mete.

CrAzYNiNe

who could have predicted?
Jun 5, 2003
Montreal
Sending Mete down would be incredibly stupid at this point. He has already burned one year of his ELC, just keep playing him and let him learn from his mistakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad