Pre-Game Talk: Sabres @ Canadiens game # 18 - November 11th/2017 - 7:00pm EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigHabs

Aug 3, 2009
What are we looking at for the lineup potentially tomorrow?

Lindgren getting another shot or Montoya. Personally I think ride Lindgren get him into a groove and prepare him a larger role Incase Price is out for awhile. While Montoya is a good backup at this point in his career don’t see him carrying this team far.

Hopefully we can ice our actual team and if not maybe give opportunities to Galchenyuk and Hudon a shot as they have been decent the last couple games.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
Funny enough, this will be the 3rd time this week that the visiting team played the day before.

Reactions: OldCraig71

Maliki2

Mar 31, 2005
Saint Albans, VT
Lingren it will be. Don't see Fucale starting at home on his call up. Will be at the game. Hopefully Weber and Drouin are back.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Funny enough, this will be the 3rd time this week that the visiting team played the day before.

We talked about this yesterday and a poster provided a list of the number of back to backs played by each NHL team and I would also be curious to see what the numbers are for the teams getting the visiting team on the second half of a back to back? I think that we would be near the top of the list. "If I told you why I made the Jon Scott trade you wouldn't understand":naughty:

habsgirl5000

Jul 15, 2017

and yet people here still blame the schedule for losses when we have to play back to back like that,

4-2 buffalo tonight

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
These are the games you just have to win, Buffalo is TERRIBLE. Even Eichel is not much of a worry as he is playing dumb, lazy and uninspired hockey, guy has checked out of the season already. He's weak mentally.

I mean cmon, play hard for 60 minutes and grab that low hanging fruit Habs.

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
This should be a gimme. Wonder who's in goal for both. Watch lehner on his posts if he's there. Book on him is to stuff it against the post, take bad angle shots, make him move up and down.

Would like to see Lindgren get another here. Team is close to making up for their start.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
This should be a gimme. Wonder who's in goal for both. Watch lehner on his posts if he's there. Book on him is to stuff it against the post, take bad angle shots, make him move up and down.

Would like to see Lindgren get another here. Team is close t
o making up for their start.

Bingo, the book on that guy is clear.

Peanut

Alzner is SOLID
Oct 28, 2015
Won't fault em for losing to the Wild without Drouin and Weber atleast Julien could have played Chucky at C for a team starving for goals oh well Sabres looked like crap last night should be an easy win but Sabres are gonna Sabre

RandR

May 15, 2011

With Drouin and Weber back, hopefully both at full health, combined with how the Sabres look these days and playing 2nd night on road, this is a game the Habs have to win if they think they are going to at least make the playoffs this year.

Sabres seem to always play tough against the Habs. I am expecting Habs win a close one.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
We talked about this yesterday and a poster provided a list of the number of back to backs played by each NHL team and I would also be curious to see what the numbers are for the teams getting the visiting team on the second half of a back to back? I think that we would be near the top of the list. "If I told you why I made the Jon Scott trade you wouldn't understand":naughty:

It's been a bumpy schedule. It feels like the Habs have played 3 games in 4 nights frequently already as well. Whatever the case, the Habs don't have any advantage when their 3 most important players are on the shelf. Sure, lindgren has been able to fill price's shoes for now, but there is nobody replacing what Drouin brings upfront or what Weber brings on the backend.

Edit: It seems like Drouin and Weber are back now, but games against the Sabres usually are a grind, and the Habs are not good enough to take anyone lightly to any extent. Hopefully, lindgren can keep rolling.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Won't fault em for losing to the Wild without Drouin and Weber atleast Julien could have played Chucky at C for a team starving for goals oh well Sabres looked like crap last night should be an easy win but Sabres are gonna Sabre

I’m honestly just happy when I see him on the first line now instead of rotting on the 4th.

We can’t afford to lose this game. We’ll be playing catch up for ever if we do.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
It's been a bumpy schedule. It feels like the Habs have played 3 games in 4 nights frequently already as well. Whatever the case, the Habs don't have any advantage when their 3 most important players are on the shelf. Sure, lindgren has been able to fill price's shoes for now, but there is nobody replacing what Drouin brings upfront or what Weber brings on the backend.

Edit: It seems like Drouin and Weber are back now, but games against the Sabres usually are a grind, and the Habs are not good enough to take anyone lightly to any extent. Hopefully, lindgren can keep rolling.

This is our third team on a back to back this week alone. The battle of two bottom 10 teams but it still can be a decent game and I agree, we always have a tough time with the Sabres.

Peanut

Alzner is SOLID
Oct 28, 2015
I’m honestly just happy when I see him on the first line now instead of rotting on the 4th.

We can’t afford to lose this game. We’ll be playing catch up for ever if we do.

I guess I’m greedy want to see him in a spot where he can help the team most succeed.

Ya I agree but Buffalo for some reason just gives me a bad vibe.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
I guess I’m greedy want to see him in a spot where he can help the team most succeed.

Ya I agree but Buffalo for some reason just gives me a bad vibe.

I would’ve liked to have seen him there as well, especially with Drouin out. But even tho we didn’t score last game, I saw him doing a lot of little things right that put him in a good position to score so I wasn’t to upset.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Win and we're back to 1 game below 0.500 and 1 point out of a wildcard spot. Lose and we're back to 3 games below 0.500, with Carolina possibly passing us in points (and 2 games in hand) and giving up 4 points to one of 2 teams behind us.

I don't know about ''must win'' but this sure would be a good one to win.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I'm not either but it was expected. His minutes have been shrinking
Frankly giving him 9-10 minutes a game is not beneficial in my opinion.
That defense is horrendous with or without Mete. Might as well just send Mete down to get his offensive game going again. Bergevin has to get a defenseman. The problem is worse than our center problem.

Giacomo

Sep 26, 2017
Months ago I said Lindgren was NHL ready. I think after this in the summer if Price returns as the top goalie he is Known for they should trade him for some elite players/prospects. Some teams have prospects they have no room for that we can certainly use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad