GDT: WCSF GM07 | Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers | Mon. May 20th | 6pm PST | SNP/CBC | Just Win, Baby

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
Oilers always play easy teams like Kings in playoffs and think they are juggernaut lmao. Now they are lucky to face depleted Canucks with the third string goalie and no Boeser.

This is the entire idea when you finish higher in the standings than the team you play in the 1st round. If only more teams understood the assignment.

Enniskillen

Jan 16, 2021
This is the entire idea when you finish higher in the standings than the team you play in the 1st round. If only more teams understood the assignment.
I would agree with you but they always lose to top tier teams like Vegas, Colorado etc. after they beat Kings.

Reactions: Summer Rose

End on a Hinote

Registered Abuser
Aug 22, 2011
Northern British Columbia
4-1 Oilers

Attachments

• 5HAn.gif
    5HAn.gif
    980.5 KB · Views: 1

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
I would agree with you but they always lose to top tier teams like Vegas, Colorado etc. after they beat Kings.

Great teams that finished above them, and won the Cup. No shame in that. It's the hardest trophy to win in sports for a reason.

Satire

Nov 20, 2016
If the Oilers don't win tonight, then they should blow it up. They have no excuses why they shouldn't win this game. As for the Canucks, I certainly hope they'll win but even if they don't, they've done amazing well without Demko.
I genuinely don't know what they do if they lose this. They need a better goalie, another top 4D, and better bottom depth. I don't think you blow up the core. Kane, RNH, Drai, Hyman, are all on reasonable to great contracts. Nurse and Campbell boat anchor contracts.

I'm not a fan of blowing it up, but by the same token what happens with Drai after next year is a big question mark too...

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
I genuinely don't know what they do if they lose this. They need a better goalie, another top 4D, and better bottom depth. I don't think you blow up the core. Kane, RNH, Drai, Hyman, are all on reasonable to great contracts. Nurse and Campbell boat anchor contracts.

I'm not a fan of blowing it up, but by the same token what happens with Drai after next year is a big question mark too...
I think you have to run it back one more time with drai no matter what his plans are in 2025.

The Oilers aren't terribly far away. Blowing it up this summer makes less than zero sense

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
He is literally stapled to McDrai/Hyman/Ekholm, I think this is one of those situations where the stats don't tell the whole story. He's been good but he isn't really tilting the rink like that.
Bouchard's numbers away from McDavid, Draisaitl and Ekholm this year 5 vs 5 (regular season) :

CF% 59.2% SF% 65.93% GF% 57.14% xGF% 65.15% SCF% 60.76% HDCF 64.71%

AnInjuredJasonZucker

Feb 21, 2014
It's standard copium from people who were laughing at him and now are struggling to adjust and admit they might have been wrong.
I'll give some of those people a pass. Bouchard is still a critical incident nightmare, in that when he makes a mistake, he goes all in on that mistake. If you don't watch him often, those plays will result in a strong negative bias.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
No, no no. That's not good enough.

I want both teams to lose but I want the Oilers to lose more.

Have some faith man!
As long as Canucks beat the Oilers today, thats good enough for me. No Boeser for the rest of the playoffs and no Demko and injured Hughes and sleepy petey, we have gone as far as we possibly can. Just win one more game and i will be in cloud 9

Edmonton was one vegas regulation win in regular season away from a 1st round exit. They are very lucky to face LA a 3rd time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad