Sabres botched alumni jerseys

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006
Has anyone taken ownership of this fiasco? Hope the owners' shirts did not say "Beluga". Maybe they would not notice?

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Has anyone taken ownership of this fiasco? Hope the owners' shirts did not say "Beluga". Maybe they would not notice?

The usual suspects are claiming responsibility.
Ryan O'Reilly called and said, "It's my fault. I have to do better".
Rex Ryan called and said, "It's on me!" Then he started laughing hysterically before hanging up.
An anonymous tipster believed to be Phil Housley is blaming Russian hackers working for Viktor Antipin.
The Kiwanis Club, Knights of Columbus, Girl Scouts of America, and Make a Wish Foundation are among the groups claiming responsibility.

Meanwhile the Sabres have quadrupled the price of alumni jerseys with misspelled names citing their value as rare collectables.

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
Upon further reflection, these must have been honest, albeit extremely preventable mistakes. If the Sabres were purposefully trying to alienate their Alumni, they would have clad them in the BuffaSlug sweater...

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
I've got one foot outside this organization already.... wouldn't take much more bull**** to make a complete break of it.
Yeah, I know; I'm no longer a local; maybe that kind of makes it easier. The Caps are only 90 minutes up the road...

Same for me with the Avalanche. I'm no longer a season ticket holder but that franchise delivered a tremendous run in late 90's until the strike year that I rode along with. Enjoyed 2 Cup wins including one that I witnessed on site. Now I get to enjoy a rejuvenated team watching MacKinnon dance through the opposition. And Makar is already elite star quality.

I don't like the fans however and the in-depth hockey knowledge of the HF audience - both on players and prospects and especially how the game is actually supposed to be played - is lacking (IMO) compared to this Board.

Buffalo fans hockey knowledge is pretty darn strong. As strong as anywhere in the league. Which makes it a shame that they are treated so poorly (ignored and disregarded) by this team's management.

Brownies

Misspelled-Jerseys-1997-Wayne-Gretzky.jpg

MMmm cant find a picture of that Lindstrom jersey at the NHL awards....

Reactions: Buffaloed

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012
They literally don't care. It's embarrassing just being a fan of this team. Between the Alumni jersey, Sabretooth being the only mascot that couldn't skate, our team failing to make the playoffs in nearly a decade, having one of the worst trades ever, and Kids Day..yikes. What's next?

Reactions: Chainshot

ek93

Dec 28, 2014
New York
They literally don't care. It's embarrassing just being a fan of this team. Between the Alumni jersey, Sabretooth being the only mascot that couldn't skate, our team failing to make the playoffs in nearly a decade, having one of the worst trades ever, and Kids Day..yikes. What's next?
Yup. Being bad is one thing. Being an absolute joke of an organization is a whole different level. This fan base deserves so much better.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Cheerleaders! Of course it will have to be coed but imagine the possibilities.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
I have no idea how this organization has avoided getting dragged throughout the entire hockey media the way Ottawa and Edmonton are on a seemingly daily basis?

Edit: person above me pretty much said the exact thing I wrote after this so rather than be repetitive I removed it.

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006
It would indicate that folks in the organization know nothing about hockey players. Hope the scouting department were not in on approving the sweaters...or Botterill...

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Small market teams in the USA have to do more to get noticed than day to day incompetence. Things like having a coach call his all star goalie an alcholic, having a player threaten to run said goalie in practice, having a public fight between the coach and GM, going bankrupt, having your owner go to jail, and losing your 2 co-captains on the opening day of free agency get noticed. Never underestimate how low the Sabres will go to get noticed.

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
Is that accurate about Sabretooth???

Reactions: brian_griffin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad