Post-Game Talk: Sabres @ Avalanche 2/1/2014 1PM MST: The Sacco Bowl

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
So I watched the game this afternoon and I was wondering if that was the 1% of the games that Tyler Myers WASN'T "dominant" or if that was Sabres fans definition of one of his regular dominating performances? (for those in the "I wouldn't trade Myers for RoR 1-for-1 thread" on the trade board.) :laugh:

I wouldn't trade Tyson Barrie for that big awkward galloot let alone O'Reilly.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
So I watched the game this afternoon and I was wondering if that was the 1% of the games that Tyler Myers WASN'T "dominant" or if that was Sabres fans definition of one of his regular dominating performances? (for those in the "I wouldn't trade Myers for RoR 1-for-1 thread" on the trade board.) :laugh:

I wouldn't trade Tyson Barrie for that big awkward galloot let alone O'Reilly.

Hahahaha I'm glad you pointed that out, because he was just dreadful today. I think in a couple years he'll be a #2 at best but I don't think he has the hockey sense to become a #1 defenseman. MacKinnon ran his show today

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Now this was a fun game to watch.

We say it every game but MacKinnon is going to be a very special player. Sitting through that garbage last season was well worth it.

Duchene still can't buy a goal but he's still playing well and using his linemates. That line is really clicking. I love having O'Reilly on Duchene's wing because he's so damn smart and plays off him really well. O'Reilly knows exactly when to help and when to find some space and get open while Duchene works down low.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
2h3232p.gif

That's Peter Forsberg right there. :nod::yo:

Kschey

Avs/BorussiaDortmund
Jul 4, 2010
By the way, I'm loving Tyson Barrie more and more with every game he plays for us. His stickhandling and speed are outstanding. He's really underrated. At this point I'd be really pissed if he was used as a throw-in in a trade.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
By the way, I'm loving Tyson Barrie more and more with every game he plays for us. His stickhandling and speed are outstanding. He's really underrated. At this point I'd be really pissed if he was used as a throw-in in a trade.

I'm not surprised at all. He always had talent and we saw it last season, he just needed to get it together. Will be good player to have for next 5 years.

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
Man what a game.

Just got a chance to watch it. Mackinnon is awesome

Duchene is insanely snakebit. Hope the puck starts going in for him soon.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
i"m starting to panic.

About our chances for a good tank this season.

No reason to panic. This years draft sucks.

Next year however....

Let us enjoy every win this year because the 2015 draft is so good that we might just have to think about bringing Sacco back ;).

McDavid, MacKinnon, Duchene, ROR and (hopefully) Stastny...

I think one more #1/#2 Center and we could be half decent at center... :P

Sheet

Apr 1, 2013
EJ actually surprised me with his puck skill on the mack goal... What he did right there, start to finish, says a lot about his offensive talents that he never uses... That subtle deke and almost perfect drop pass... Just had me picking my jaw drop.

And Mack, when he took that shot, you could almost see his confidence in the shot. He just sorta flung it in the net like it belonged there and he was sending it home..

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
It's terriblely annoying that pretty much regardless of how good we do the rest of the season, we will be facing Blues or Hawks in the first round of the playoffs... Damn you central division.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
Lookout, McGinn is on a hot streak and his goal pace is quickly climbing past 20 for the season, he's hovering around 22-23 now.

As a complimentary top 6er, he gets the job done. Looks like a very consistent 20 goal threat for us.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
EJ actually surprised me with his puck skill on the mack goal... What he did right there, start to finish, says a lot about his offensive talents that he never uses... That subtle deke and almost perfect drop pass... Just had me picking my jaw drop.

And Mack, when he took that shot, you could almost see his confidence in the shot. He just sorta flung it in the net like it belonged there and he was sending it home..

That was the dirtiest shot to see live. I was watching EJ with the puck and then it was in the back of the net before I could even see who shot it.

Any matchup in the west is going to be tough. If we were on the other side we'd be looking at San Jose or Anaheim. I'm not sure that's much better.

TheStranger

Jan 21, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
It's terriblely annoying that pretty much regardless of how good we do the rest of the season, we will be facing Blues or Hawks in the first round of the playoffs... Damn you central division.

Just need to win the division that's all.

Here's my vision. We find a way to win the division, Chicago and St. Louis battle it out with Chicago winning. We destroy the wildcard team. We always play Chicago well so we can roll on by them. That's nearly an automatic conf finals appearance for us :sarcasm:

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
You never know. We are 4 points from St Louis and 5 from Chicago with I think 3 games in hand. Minnesota is 10 behind us with 3 games in hand. As crazypants as it sounds to possibly win the division it is there to take. If we can hit 80 points before the break we might actually be able to take a run at it coming back. Both St. Louis and Chicago have 10 players going to the Olympics. would be glorious to force those two teams to play in the first round.

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007

Courtesy of the pacific division......

TheStranger

Jan 21, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
You never know. We are 4 points from St Louis and 5 from Chicago with I think 3 games in hand. Minnesota is 10 behind us with 3 games in hand. As crazypants as it sounds to possibly win the division it is there to take. If we can hit 80 points before the break we might actually be able to take a run at it coming back. Both St. Louis and Chicago have 10 players going to the Olympics. would be glorious to force those two teams to play in the first round.

Scared about Varly going. He is our #1 reason for being where we are, and he's probably getting close to being overworked as it is. Add in a stressful short busy week to the Olympics and it's worrisome.

Hans Landaskog

Feb 27, 2012
Denver
Just need to win the division that's all.

Here's my vision. We find a way to win the division, Chicago and St. Louis battle it out with Chicago winning. We destroy the wildcard team. We always play Chicago well so we can roll on by them. That's nearly an automatic conf finals appearance for us :sarcasm:

Doubt we win the division, but if we manage 2nd and get home ice against Chicago and Varly gets hot. Well, you know the rest.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad