Post-Game Talk: Sabres @ Avalanche 2/1/2014 1PM MST: The Sacco Bowl

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Mackinnons best game to date. Buffalo had no answer for this guy today. He literally did as he pleased. Be interesting to see how much the puck was on his stick today because I swear he had it all game

Sheet

Apr 1, 2013
Just noticed Duchene is shooting 2.2% in January... Brutal.. I feel for the guy.. That's some serious snake biting.

freeboy

Feb 27, 2012
Sunny Colorado
well, its nice to not let up after all the games where we did....
It is only two points, but feels like the 7th game! lol

I have no thoughts we will not play hard in the next four... looking for some more... 12 goals in last two games

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!
Good god, we have 15 players who have double digit points this year. We could have a full 18 by the end of the season.

Edit* But the Ducks have a crazy 19 players with double digit points. Thats insane.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
MacKinnon won 8 of his 12 faceoffs too. He's developing at a rapid rate. He's a center full time.

McGinn is such a good fit on that top line. Please lock him up long term. He's the perfect glue guy on the team.

Nice to see EJ get some points. Hopefully that gets him back some confidence and playing the way he was earlier in the year.

I was in favor of re-signing Benoit, but he's fallen off big time the last 30 games. A lot of is probably playing more than he should, but it's been bad for a while.

ikonos

Jun 24, 2008
Duchene's assist on the last McGinn's goal is very underrated. As it was happening, I did not realize who it was but thought made a great poke to get the puck ahead letting ROR get to it and ROR did the rest ending up in McGinn's goal. I think Duchene contributing well even if he is not scoring. He is drawing penalties, defenders giving space to his wingers.

Overall a great game and Mac's shot was a beauty. I was hoping he will breakout for a 4-5 point game today but 3 will do. If they do play well on this next road trip and he continues to play well, they will get ton of media attention from the eastcoast press.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Really amazing turn around. I was reading some old threads from a year ago. Just the whole feeling around the franchise. Not just the winning, which is fantastic, but the feeling of the future and an identity. I don't know what one more year under Sacco would have done to the talent on this team. Would they even had the guts to draft MacKinnon?

I know it's just Buffalo but good teams win games they are supposed to.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
My highlight of the game was Stastny applauding himself for making it to Team USA.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
Anyone have any idea what time MacKinnon made hit on Myers today? I would like to watch it on center ice, but too lazy to watch the whole game again. It wasn't on highlights. :(

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Forgot to mention that I thought Wilson played really well in his limited time. He made some great, smart pinches and kept the puck alive on the first goal and got involved on the Cliche goal as well. I don't think he's going to be around much longer, but it was nice to see.

Hans Landaskog

Feb 27, 2012
Denver
Sacco: "We didn't start the game on time."
20130702__joe-sacco~p1_200.jpg

Roy: "We played a full 60 minutes today."
20130528_102229_patirck-roy-coach.jpg

Sacco: "We played hard."
20131020__Joe-Sacco~p1.jpg

Roy: "We kicked their ass today."
images

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Thank God Malkin and Holden did not get any points.

Ehrhoff is the defenseman I want the most, but damn he had a career game in suckage. I still love him though.

Kschey

Avs/BorussiaDortmund
Jul 4, 2010
What a fantastic game. This was simply fun for pretty much the whole 60 minutes. Our forwards and also Barrie and Johnson were flying. I loved it.

Also incredibly happy for Cliche. He's such an underrated player and he really deserved that goal. Great to see his teammates being happy about him scoring as well. Loved their reaction!

I'm a happy guy right now!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad