Speculation: Sabres at the trade deadline – Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Looking at his production this year and the team he was on.

I'm not so sure he can duplicate that here with what we have.

Thats the point.... Good cap hit to reach floor ..and not being too good to hurt the chances at McDavid next year.

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
That's what I'm hoping for. Whether it's Ottawa or another team, I hope they can get less quantity for more quality (ie - an 'A' prospect, or a 2015 1st from a possible lottery team).

I really wanted Callahan in 2008, but not now. If Buffalo can sign him in the summer I won't cry, but they shouldn't trade for him.

I agree, I want the quality more than anything. That should be the case at any time.

JTyler48

Jan 26, 2014
Thats the point.... Good cap hit to reach floor ..and not being too good to hurt the chances at McDavid next year.

If teams were after him I'd rather trade him for the best possible offer.

Then overpay in free agency on a 1 year deal to someone we can unload at the deadline.

Sean McG

Dec 27, 2009
Niagara on the Lake, ON
Something about getting a new player that everyone wants to give him a shot... I don't want Stewart anywhere near this team, and I think he's pretty much the definition of a player Sabres fans would not like after five games.

Maybe, MAYBE Ted Nolan could get him to play harder. But for Teddy to get a guy with constant character questions and who was one of the laziest players on the ice for the best team, and all of a sudden turn him into a hard-working power forward on the worst team would be a miracle. I keep seeing how "he's a good scorer", where has he been doing that exactly? In 09-10 he had a fantastic year with the Avs and as someone who watches a lot of their games I liked him a lot at the time. That was four years ago. He averages 44 points/82 in his 211 games with the Blues, and if you take out his near PPG in his first 26 games after the trade, it's around 40 points/82.

Also worth mentioning... look at who his 15 goals have come against this year. Panthers, Habs(twice), Avalanche (twice), Stars, Leafs, Blue Jackets, Senators (twice), Oilers (four times), and the Flames. Nine of those 15 have come against bottom ten teams in the league.

Ted certainly doesn't have a system like Hitchcock, but I'd say they preach hard work and a 200-foot game a lot. Stewart did not fit that system at all - going as far as being a healthy scratch in last year's playoffs. He's a talented player who possesses good size, a good shot and a pretty fast skater for his size, but he rarely, if ever, puts all those tools together and has consistent production. I really hope he's on the fast track out of Buffalo.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
If teams were after him I'd rather trade him for the best possible offer.

Then overpay in free agency on a 1 year deal to someone we can unload at the deadline.

Certainly nothing wrong with going that route either.

boots electric

Mar 12, 2008
As much as I don't hate the idea of keeping Stewart until next deadline, I'd rather trade him now because he should be worth more with that extra bit of term left on his contract.

Ralonzo

Я хочу!
Nov 6, 2006
Virginia
From the Just Wow predictions department over on the main board:

3) Buffalo trades Jaroslav Halak to Minnesota for Jason Zucker, Brett Bulmer and a second-round draft pick in 2015.

7) Buffalo trades Tyler Myers to Calgary for Sven Baertschi, David Jones and a third-round pick in 2015.

9) Buffalo trades Christian Ehrhoff and Matt Moulson to San Jose for Matt Nieto, Daniil Tarasov, a first-round pick in 2014 and a third-round pick in 2015.

10) Buffalo trades Chris Stewart to Ottawa for Colin Greening and Matt Puempel.

11) Buffalo trades Drew Stafford and Henrik Tallinder to Anaheim for Viktor Fasth and Devante Smith-Pelly.

Are any of those even close?

Sabres for Life

Mar 1, 2014
Hi everyone, first time poster long time reader. Just want to say I'm very happy with the moves yesterday. I think Murray finally got the deal he wanted and it was a very fair deal for both sides. It seemed that deal meant the most to this organization off his back now the fireworks can really start. That being said we still have some nice pieces to move so he can really put his own stamp on this team. It is really exciting to be a sabres fan and I'm glad we are finally moving forward in this rebuild.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 7m

Rumors abound of a potential shakeup in the executive suite of Buffalo Sabres. I've asked the principals for comment. No response thus far.

ZeroPT*

Rumors abound of a potential shakeup in the executive suite of Buffalo Sabres. I've asked the principals for comment. No response thus far.

Executive suite?

billsandsabres

lurking
Sponsor
Mar 6, 2002
troy, ny
Hi everyone, first time poster long time reader. Just want to say I'm very happy with the moves yesterday. I think Murray finally got the deal he wanted and it was a very fair deal for both sides. It seemed that deal meant the most to this organization off his back now the fireworks can really start. That being said we still have some nice pieces to move so he can really put his own stamp on this team. It is really exciting to be a sabres fan and I'm glad we are finally moving forward in this rebuild.

you are debuting amidst quite a bit of excitement. good timing!

MagnumForce2

Dec 16, 2011

Maybe they are rearranging the furniture

billsandsabres

lurking
Sponsor
Mar 6, 2002
troy, ny
Shane Prince is a scratch in Binghamton tonight?

i'm not particularly fond of prospects that demand trades, though that rumor may have been bunk. he has been red hot lately though. does anybody have sufficient knowledge of him to be able to speculate how close to being NHL ready prince is?

MagnumForce2

Dec 16, 2011
i'm not particularly fond of prospects that demand trades, though that rumor may have been bunk. he has been red hot lately though. does anybody have sufficient knowledge of him to be able to speculate how close to being NHL ready prince is?

Not sure, you could post that question on the Ottawa forum....they are pretty cool there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad