Speculation: Sabres at the trade deadline – Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karate Johnson*

I can't wait for the Sabres to **** this up and get NOTHING for Miller.

If that is the outcome that's one Darcy. Trade deadline rental goalies are practically non existent. Miller should have been traded over the summer at the latest. (I felt the "tear down" portion of the rebuild should have started Summer 2012)

MagnumForce2

Dec 16, 2011
I know St louis is a great fit for Miller - but i dont think the Sabres will get the return from St Louis - No chance of getting Tarasenko - I doubt they'll give up Bergland so your looking at getting Schwartz and a pick..

Just dont like St Louis' options in return. anyone else feel that way?

Does St Louis have another Schwartz other than Jaden that I don't know about?

SabresFan26

May 28, 2003
Visit site
Resigning miller means continued mediocrity. Do the rebuild right and get the assets. He deserves to win and I hope he gets that opportunity.

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
Oh so you'd happily give up Miller for Schwartz?

Are we talking about the same Schwartz? The one who would be leading the Sabres in scoring by 14 points, is 21, and plays a position we need?

If that's the return you're waiting for, oh **** is deadline day gonna be horrible for you.

start winnin

NO MORE TANK BOYS
May 7, 2011
Buffalo
Are we talking about the same Schwartz? The one who would be leading the Sabres in scoring by 14 points, is 21, and plays a position we need?

If that's the return you're waiting for, oh **** is deadline day gonna be horrible for you.

Hehehee hahahahaha hohohohohoho

ozpensfan

Nov 19, 2013
Western Australia

Humm didn't realize he was hhaving quite that good of a season. I think at this point I shall retract my previous statement. .

so Patrick Bergland anyone? =)

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
There is a spitefulness building inside me that hopes a dark horse team like Minnesota grabs Miller for a first or Zucker and a pick and Miller destroys St. Louis in a sweep. St. Louis has the assets to acquire, I'm not sure why they just don't pull the trigger already.

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
Via: Brian Lawton @brianlawton9

I am hearing that it is not likely that Ryan Miller will be traded by the Deadline and Sabres are turning attention towards re signing him.

https://twitter.com/brianlawton9/sta...52652535242752

Ugh...FFS.
Brian Lawton ‏@brianlawton9 1h
I am hearing that it is not likely that Ryan Miller will be traded by the Deadline and Sabres are turning attention towards re signing him.

The school of thought on Miller @BuffaloSabres is that a deal in the Lundqvist range now would allow team to trade him in a better market.

Brian Lawton ‏@brianlawton9 58m
The goalie market is thin. @StLouisBlues r the only serious possibility for Miller trade and everyone knows it driving value down.

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
There is a spitefulness building inside me that hopes a dark horse team like Minnesota grabs Miller for a first or Zucker and a pick and Miller destroys St. Louis in a sweep. St. Louis has the assets to acquire, I'm not sure why they just don't pull the trigger already.

Would be cool. If Miller stays here though, I'm OK with that too...

Karate Johnson*

Bring back Darcy. :help:

It's Darcy's fault we're in this situation with Miller, should have been moved a long time ago when he had value.

Goalie don't get traded at the deadline because contenders have goalies already.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
Why would Miller re-sign with Buffalo a few months before free agency? I can't think of a single reason... I'm sure the narrative of "well, since we can't seem to trade you... we'd like to re-sign you instead" will sit well with him.

boots electric

Mar 12, 2008
yeah i don't buy that for a second. the odds of him getting traded before the deadline are no worse than they were earlier today, earlier this week, or earlier this month

JLewyB

May 6, 2013
Pegulaville

The school of thought on Miller @BuffaloSabres is that a deal in the Lundqvist range now would allow team to trade him in a better market.

The goalie market is thin. @StLouisBlues r the only serious possibility for Miller trade and everyone knows it driving value down.

So, they sign him so they can trade him later? am I reading that right? Is he suggesting a sign and trade at the draft so Miller can get 8 years instead of 7?

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011

I presume this is posturing, but if we actually re-sign Miller to that kind of deal, especially if we have that kind of moronic intent to trade what would be a completely untradeable contract, Murray deserves to be fired immediately.

Then we'll suck and have no hope of getting better. It'll be great, begin Florida Panthers mode. Stay terrible until Terry realizes his mistake five years too late.

ozpensfan

Nov 19, 2013
Western Australia
Realistically how many of the teams in the hunt are chasing a #1 net minder? St Louis / Minnesota.. anyone think of anyone else? Just seems trade options for Miller this year is limited

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
It's Darcy's fault we're in this situation with Miller, should have been moved a long time ago when he had value.

Goalie don't get traded at the deadline because contenders have goalies already.

Yep. Preach. I've been saying it since last April, gotta move Miller before the 2013 draft....

Then I've been saying move him for any acceptable package every day since then.

If it seriously comes to this, I don't even know what I'll do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad