GDT: Sabres at Hurricanes: Here's Your God Damn Police Report Edition-Sabres at Hurricanes

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
IMG_9380_thumb_zps3b7d3275.jpg

Paul wins. :laugh:

Novacane

Jan 25, 2012
Raleigh, NC
I like how there are several comments in their GDT containing "**** the Canes" or some other variant, but we're the ones holding grudges from 7 years ago. Yep, sounds about right.

Sasha Cares

28 mph!!!!!!!
Sep 25, 2006
Island of Misfit Toy
Chip Alexander ‏@ice_chip

The D pairs: Faulk-Gleason, Corvo-Harrison, Pitkanen-Sanguinetti

dear god... Sangs with Pitk?????????????????????? Holy crap... Have we become idiots?

Oenatzu

Chad-in-the-Box
Mar 7, 2010
Tonights lineup:

Tlusty-E.Staal-Semin
Skinner-J.Staal-Dalpe
Bowman-Jokinen-LaRose
Dwyer-Brent-Westgarth

Gleason-Faulk
Pitkanen-Sanguinetti
Harrison-Corvo

Last edited:

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
:rant: No McBain. Is he seriously that bad/out of shape?

Doesn't make any sense to me. Seems like McBain should be tried based on what we saw from Sanguinetti and Corvo in the first 2 games. What could McBain have done yesterday in practice to make the staff think he wouldn't be worth a shot??

Oenatzu

Chad-in-the-Box
Mar 7, 2010
Chip Alexander ‏@ice_chip

The D pairs: Faulk-Gleason, Corvo-Harrison, Pitkanen-Sanguinetti

dear god... Sangs with Pitk?????????????????????? Holy crap... Have we become idiots?

My thoughts exactly. How many chances are those two gonna give up: 10? 20?

Sasha Cares

28 mph!!!!!!!
Sep 25, 2006
Island of Misfit Toy
If McBain isn't injured our staff is just plain stubborn or dumb... Then we put our only two competent own zone blue liners together... Hoping Gleason and Faulk play 35 min

Novacane

Jan 25, 2012
Raleigh, NC
As much as I've been ragging on Corvo, I think Sangs is the one who needs to go. Getting him gone means less minutes for Joe. That's in theory at least...

AD Skinner

Mar 18, 2009
bubble bath
No McBain? Seriously? Did he screw Muller's daughter or something? I cannot conceive of a universe existing where McBain is worse than Sanguinetti. Even if I could, there's still no way he's worse than Corvo, or BOTH OF THEM. Black is white, up is down, and short is long.

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Going over to the Sabres GDT, it seems they no longer hate us, or many of them anyway.

I even bet that if you asked, they'd say we EARNED the Cup in 2006, we didn't "luck" into it!

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
What happened to the lineup in the practices? You know, the one where Sangs was scratched and McBain was paired with Pitkanen?

PaulProteus

****ing amaxing dman
Feb 6, 2012
Raleigh, NC
No McBain? Seriously? Did he screw Muller's daughter or something? I cannot conceive of a universe existing where McBain is worse than Sanguinetti. Even if I could, there's still no way he's worse than Corvo, or BOTH OF THEM. Black is white, up is down, and short is long.

This is something I've been thinking about a LOT lately, especially since McBain's deer-in-headlights look when they plastered his face up on the video screen during player introductions Tuesday night. He looked like he had just wandered in off of the street by accident through an unguarded tunnel and wound up behind the bench.

His former Storm Squad member girlfriend, however, is reportedly pleased to be sitting with fellow WAGs, which may go far in explaining McBain's decline in productivity, motivation, ambition, preparation, or whatever the **** his problem is.

Maybe Muller needs to consult a college football coach to get a better grasp on how to handle "girl troubles."

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
Awesome GDT! Here's hoping the Canes play to match the awesomness of it tonight. As I'm under the weather I'll be watching it from home - as this is one of the three SportsSouth games, how can I tune in? (As in what channel *is* Sportssouth. I don't think I've ever seen it before)

No. It's one of those "local legend" sort of places that gets by on its name alone (along with Big Ed's City Market Restaurant). It's one of those small local Southern restaurants where at one time power brokers and politicians would cut deals over their blue plate specials and that's about all that's notable about the Mecca. You can have much better food elsewhere. I'd recommend Chuck's (burgers), Beasley's Chicken + Honey (down home cooking featuring chicken and waffles), Sitti (Lebanese), Gravy (Italian), Busy Bee (kind of eclectic/new American), Raleigh Times (pub grub), The Pit (BBQ) or Centro (Mexican) LONG before I'd recommend Mecca.

Thanks for the suggestions. That's too bad about the Mecca, but I'd rather be the bearer of bad news than a full stomach of mediocre food.

Gonna pick up some hipster honeys with my refined northeast irony, I'm sure you won't miss them?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad