Post-Game Talk (GBU): Sabres at Blackhawks GDT (7 PM ET)

valet

obviously adhd
Sponsor
Jan 26, 2017
buffalo
I can't take another year like last year. I think I'm done, because this is just not worth the frustration. The Sabres have finally broken my spirit. See you guys again if we ever get decent.
I'm kind of getting a sadistic sense of pleasure from watching them fail so bad

Reactions: Kyndig

slip

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 19, 2005
Yup, just let the Hawks hack away at your goalie.

Freakin wuss bags.

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
Both teams had to travel back to Chicago. Like holy ****, make some more excuses. This game should have been expected because one team is terrible not because of the schedule.
Weird its like the Sabres don't often play on that ice...unless i'm mistaken also they won 7-2 lmao their stars didn't have to play a lot.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Both teams had to travel back to Chicago. Like holy ****, make some more excuses. This game should have been expected because one team is terrible not because of the schedule.
The Sabres got whiplash from watching Jack score 4. Can't be effective with a stiff neck.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Agree to disagree. Botterill is getting another year of eval before I write him off. He’s trending in the direction of sitting on his hands to much and not putting a team together. Next year he gets a ton of cap space and much of the garbage is gone off the roster.
And there’s the 4th goal. The route is on and no one cares :laugh:

Good luck. He's trash and banking on players taking discounts to come to Buffalo to fill in all of those expiring contracts is a fool's errand. We just saw them hand Skinner $9 million and that was the "hometown team".

And the point remains - most of the garbage is his. Over and over again, they are players he has drafted, signed, or traded for who are the biggest failures in the forward roster. His goaltending evaluation is shitty. He does not have a good starter. He has 1... ONE good offensive prospect who isn't shrouded in questions and he has had four drafts to fill the supposedly empty pipeline and yet continues to punt to defensive-minded players or big guys without skills.... ALL THE WHILE squandering draft picks in dumb-ass draft-day trades instead of taking big swings at high-risk/high-reward players at points like... in the 2nd round or later. More picks are better than less and he just spent multiple picks moving up for non-bluechip prospects. This is after punting a 6th rounder for no tactical or strategic advantage in a previous draft. Or taking mostly low-event, low-scoring but big defensemen in a draft when the trend in the league is toward speed and skill.

He's behind in the analytics from what we see on the ice every night AND in their drafting.

He's a buffoon. He should be removed before he can do any further damage to the personnel pool he has, meager as it is.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
No he didn't Roch was running Housleys stuff

there was NOTHING similar between the two teams. It the way they attacked forechecking, backchecking, transitioning, support.

If it was Housley’s stuff, the Phil himself did a horrible job of understanding how to implement his own stuff

Reactions: Chainshot

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad