#Sabres announce the team will officially retire the jersey of Dominik Hasek

dotcommunism

Aug 16, 2007
If you think it makes the team look bad that they've retired more numbers than they should (I don't, I don't really think most people care), it would make them look a lot worse if they started unretiring numbers.

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
Let's just agree that nobody post-Hasek gets their # retired.

That way it'll be at least a generation until the next one goes up.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
If you think it makes the team look bad that they've retired more numbers than they should (I don't, I don't really think most people care), it would make them look a lot worse if they started unretiring numbers.

Oh I know there is 0 chance of them ever unretiring a ,I am just saying that we have way too many undeserving people with their #s retired and that I hope we don't retire anymore unnecessary #s.The team throughout their history simply doesn't have enough success to warrant 7 retired #s.Zero cups in 44 years,all that needs to be said.And I do think having this many retired #s is something worthy of disagreeing with.Only 2 teams have retired more #s then the Sabres and those 2 teams have 30 cups combined between them.

tehinternet

Jul 6, 2012
Out of interest how far back does Buffalo's history with good goalies go? We went from Hasek to Biron (who had that awesome 73 game season I seem to remember) then to Miller. I mean over the last 20 years we've been pretty lucky and with out pipeline the future doesn't look too shabby either.

I'm ignoring Noronen.

Andrei Trevelov sucked. He was only backup though.

cybresabre

prōject positivity
Feb 27, 2002
+
I thought Trefilov was gonna be good. At that point my projection of prospects had a lot to do with how awesome their names sounded, though.
Vasily Bizyayev is still listed on Sabres.com and he's only 31...

But he hasn't played since 2008 :-(

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
Let's just agree that nobody post-Hasek gets their # retired.

That way it'll be at least a generation until the next one goes up.

Let me ask you this...If Miller retires in 5 years due to circumstances, do you retire his number?

IMO, nope.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
Sabres to Retire Hasek’s Jersey Jan. 13 vs. Det

SABRES TO RETIRE HASEK’S JERSEY JAN. 13
The Buffalo Sabres today announced the team will officially retire the jersey of goaltender Dominik Hasek, one of the most prolific goaltenders in NHL history, in a ceremony scheduled to take place Jan. 13, 2015, prior to the team’s home game against the Detroit Red Wings at First Niagara Center. Hasek, who was the fifth and final Sabres player to wear No. 39, will be the seventh player in franchise history to receive the honor of having his jersey retired to the rafters. He was inducted into the Buffalo Sabres Hall of Fame on March 29 and will be inducted into the Hockey Hall of Fame on Nov. 17.

StarvingHysterical

Oct 18, 2014
That's what I used to think! He seemed to stop everything no matter how bad everyone was around him! Do you think he could still win games with 2014-2015 Sabres?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad