#Sabres announce the team will officially retire the jersey of Dominik Hasek

DixonWard15

Sep 27, 2011
Bj0qPXrCUAA9XJD.jpg

sabresfan129103

1-4-6-14
Apr 10, 2006
Amherst, NY
In other news water is wet. I should probably find a way to get tickets to this game. The team is going to be terrible again, so it shouldn't be that hard.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Most impressive stat ... No goalie in the 1990's had a better save percentage then his 5th best season.

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
Cool.

As you can tell from my name, I'm a Hasek fan, would love to see a statue, but to be honest, it'll be 14 years after he left that they retire his number, and I wouldn't be phased to see someone else wear 39 anymore.

RazielMoshman

Jul 10, 2012
UK
Out of interest how far back does Buffalo's history with good goalies go? We went from Hasek to Biron (who had that awesome 73 game season I seem to remember) then to Miller. I mean over the last 20 years we've been pretty lucky and with out pipeline the future doesn't look too shabby either.

I'm ignoring Noronen.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Out of interest how far back does Buffalo's history with good goalies go? We went from Hasek to Biron (who had that awesome 73 game season I seem to remember) then to Miller. I mean over the last 20 years we've been pretty lucky and with out pipeline the future doesn't look too shabby either.

I'm ignoring Noronen.

For whatever reason, the Sabres are loaded with above average goalies.

We started with Crozier and Edwards/Sauve, who were at worst average.

After them, we had Barrasso who was darned good.

A bit of a dark period followed until we landed Fuhr, and then it's been a string of excellent play from Fuhr to Hasek to Miller.

RazielMoshman

Jul 10, 2012
UK
For whatever reason, the Sabres are loaded with above average goalies.

We started with Crozier and Edwards/Sauve, who were at worst average.

After them, we had Barrasso who was darned good.

A bit of a dark period followed until we landed Fuhr, and then it's been a string of excellent play from Fuhr to Hasek to Miller.

Wow. Glad to know I wasn't going mad. Thanks for the info!

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
I hope they do a really good job with the video. One thing I've always noticed is the lack of really good quality highlight packages of Hasek's time as a Sabre.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad