Prospect Info: Sabres announce 5th annual Prospects Challenge

Fearnot

Nov 13, 2013
New York
I doubt Cozens will be back to 90% by at least 3-6 months from surgery date. His hand is still probably like a rock that he's rehabbing.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Maybe he is that type of player where a linear progression is to be expected.
Serious question: How long have you been following prospects?

Well, I joined HFB in 2002 and I was on various other boards talking Sabres and their prospects before that.

Some prospects have a linear progression when it comes to their development. Although, that is pretty rare as most players have bumps in the road along the way.

And Pekar is coming off an injury riddled post-draft season. I wouldn't look at his performance in a short pre-season tournament as much of anything.

I am more interested in how he looks over the totality of the season.

Just look at Asplund last year and how things went for him, for example.

Royal Thunder

Frolunda Mode
Feb 21, 2012
He was just ranked our 15th best prospect in a pool that’s not very deep when stacked up against the rest of the league. I love me some Pekar but I don’t think there should be that much pressure on him to perform in prospects tourney.

The only players that should have pressure to perform in my eyes are Borgen, Olofsson, Jokiharju, and Ruotsalainen. Just because they should be the most advanced/experienced at this stage.
I actually think that depth is the strength of our prospect pool, it's the higher end talent that we are sparse on. Pekar is a solid prospect for #15, no? I think he would be pushing top 5 on a truly shallow pool like Calgary. You don't really see the depth in this tourney roster with some of our top guys missing, so I just hope no one gets hurt.

Reactions: TheMistyStranger

Goathead

Jan 28, 2015
Niagara Falls, ON
I actually think that depth is the strength of our prospect pool, it's the higher end talent that we are sparse on. Pekar is a solid prospect for #15, no? I think he would be pushing top 5 on a truly shallow pool like Calgary. You don't really see the depth in this tourney roster with some of our top guys missing, so I just hope no one gets hurt.

I screwed that up. I meant to say not that great when stacked up against other teams. I think we’d probably be ranked in the 15-20 range. Like you said the top end talent isn’t really there but yes I agree it is a pretty deep pool and Like someone else stated I can see NHL potential all the way up to our 20 slot.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Other than "The NHL is run by complete imbeciles" why is a prospects tournament being streamed exclusively online being geoblocked? Is the league afraid that people will tune in to see Jack Hughes and become fans who make the league finally have higher TV ratings than monster truck rallies or professional eating contests?

Reactions: SabresSharks

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Other than "The NHL is run by complete imbeciles" why is a prospects tournament being streamed exclusively online being geoblocked? Is the league afraid that people will tune in to see Jack Hughes and become fans who make the league finally have higher TV ratings than monster truck rallies or professional eating contests?
The league could be sued for breach of contract by the national broadcast rights holders (NBC, Rogers-Sportsnet). Rogers $5.2 billion deal runs until 2026. NBC's $2 billion deal expires in 2021.

MrMaster

Apr 20, 2016
They don't know what marketing is, in this day and age. It's coming from old smelly farts, old boys club types, who think in terms of exclusiveness.

debaser66

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2012
Any pm regarding the prospect challenge will be appreciated since I am way off the market.
I am so excited that hockey is back.

Reactions: Goathead

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad