Prospect Info: Sabres announce 5th annual Prospects Challenge

MrMaster

Apr 20, 2016
Pretty sure Rousek raises a couple eyebrows. Also, Pekar needs to have a strong showing.

Reactions: jc17

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Pretty sure Rousek raises a couple eyebrows. Also, Pekar needs to have a strong showing.

Why “needs”? Seems like undue pressure on a kid who has been coming along nicely up until he broke his collarbone. That should not place an imperative on a single small tournament camp as a point of pressure.

MrMaster

Apr 20, 2016
Why “needs”? Seems like undue pressure on a kid who has been coming along nicely up until he broke his collarbone. That should not place an imperative on a single small tournament camp as a point of pressure.
Why use the term pressure in a negative way? What if he thrives under such circumstances?

MrMaster

Apr 20, 2016
Because he already had a strong showing, and anything lesser than that is not good for a guy of his caliber/skillset (i know, he actually had pretty good stats). I don't want to see regression from him. He's a high energy guy and i expect a strong showing.

Goathead

Jan 28, 2015
Niagara Falls, ON
Because he already had a strong showing, and anything lesser than that is not good for a guy of his caliber/skillset (i know, he actually had pretty good stats). I don't want to see regression from him. He's a high energy guy and i expect a strong showing.

He was just ranked our 15th best prospect in a pool that’s not very great when stacked up against the rest of the league. I love me some Pekar but I don’t think there should be that much pressure on him to perform in prospects tourney.

The only players that should have pressure to perform in my eyes are Borgen, Olofsson, Jokiharju, and Ruotsalainen. Just because they should be the most advanced/experienced at this stage.

Last edited:

MrMaster

Apr 20, 2016
He was just ranked our 15th best prospect in a pool that’s not very deep when stacked up against the rest of the league. I love me some Pekar but I don’t think there should be that much pressure on him to perform in prospects tourney.

The only players that should have pressure to perform in my eyes are Borgen, Olofsson, Jokiharju, and Ruotsalainen. Just because they should be the most advanced/experienced at this stage.
Olofsson doesn't have to put himself under pressure anymore, far too seasoned. He will be good regardless though.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

Player development isn't a linear progression.

Expecting such is setting yourself up for disappointment.

MrMaster

Apr 20, 2016
Player development isn't a linear progression.

Expecting such is setting yourself up for disappointment.
Maybe he is that type of player where a linear progression is to be expected.
Serious question: How long have you been following prospects?

sufferer

Dec 6, 2017
Pekar is the kind of guy who enjoys taking runs at his own organization's top prospects fresh from being drafted. I don't think it's wrong to expect him to show up in some way regardless of if the tournament is just exhibition.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad