Prospect Info: Sabres announce 5th annual Prospects Challenge

CrazyPsycho

Elite Drafter
Sep 25, 2003
Not impressed with Joki that period and needed more from Cozens.

Olofsson is NHL ready and Asplund looks ready, really impressed with Fitzgerald again with a good start to the 1st.

Yeah I am going to be leading the Fitz train for sure, had one bad shift after he got flattened, but love how quick and correct his decisions are, and nice to see a Sabres D join the OZone play

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
Thought the Pen got his stick tip on it.
Maybe it looked like he didnt even see Rousek trailing down the middle there uncovered and tried to force the pass onto the stick of the guy racing down the side who had a pen player draped all over him.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Not impressed with Joki that period and needed more from Cozens.

Olofsson is NHL ready and Asplund looks ready, really impressed with Fitzgerald again with a good start to the 1st.

Cozens is lacking in the play making department from what I've seen so far. Seen him burst down the right side of the ice only to lose the puck already a few times.

His puck handling is also less than what you'd expect out of a top 10 pick.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Yeah I am going to be leading the Fitz train for sure, had one bad shift after he got flattened, but love how quick and correct his decisions are, and nice to see a Sabres D join the OZone play

He's stronger defensively than what I remember seeing at the World Juniors. Loved seeing him break up that rush at the beginning of the first period.

Reactions: CrazyPsycho

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Sadly not playing today

Missed that. Harper or Murray could also, since both are looking for contracts. Back in the bad old days, that was seemingly what half of each roster would do - I recall one where the Leafs rookies were run out of the building by a squad that included a couple guys who wound up as enforcers. Mucks didn't mess around with that stuff - he had a lot of knucklechuckers.

Reactions: Ralonzo

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
He's stronger defensively than what I remember seeing at the World Juniors. Loved seeing him break up that rush at the beginning of the first period.

Role helps, as does two more years of being used in key NCAA defensive situations. He was regularly in the shortlist for best HE defenseman the last few years.

Reactions: Snippit

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Cozens is lacking in the play making department from what I've seen so far. Seen him burst down the right side of the ice only to lose the puck already a few times.

His puck handling is also less than what you'd expect out of a top 10 pick.

While I agree, I do wonder how ginger his thumb is. He's back sooner than anticipated, it's possible it has an impact on his stickhandling. It is his top hand.

Reactions: Snippit

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Dunleavy didn't notice the Pens were on a breakaway until the puck was in the net lmao

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad