Confirmed with Link: Sabres add Ruslan Pechonkin/Russia based scout

Zach716

Pucks in deep
Nov 24, 2018
Is it far fetched to say all these Russian additions are prep for Michkov incase we miss on Bedard? :skeptic:
We have a horrible record with the ruskis and maybe this is calculated to avoid a Kaprizov type situation where if we draft him he doesn't take 7 years to come over if he does at all?

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
I think they had the data on this year's Russians and were comfortable in where to slot them.

Sabres haven't been good with Russian players. There is no support structure here - mostly centered around language and having other Russian players for support.

Maybe Pechonkin can help out the developmental coaches with some of this.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
So, it's good that the Sabres are adding scouts.

Is it me or does this guy seem like he took some online scouting course two years ago and that is his only scouting experience?

E_v2ALNWEAIHL-n

Course — ISS Hockey

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
So, it's good that the Sabres are adding scouts.

Is it me or does this guy seem like he took some online scouting course two years ago and that is his only scouting experience?

E_v2ALNWEAIHL-n

Course — ISS Hockey
It may just be formal training in addition to previous work.

But it does bring up an interesting topic. Teams need to be able to scout the scouts to ensure they're getting someone who can provide relevant info.

I wonder how often the scouts already in the organization take looks back on prior opinions to learn from what they got right and wrong.

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm
It may just be formal training in addition to previous work.

But it does bring up an interesting topic. Teams need to be able to scout the scouts to ensure they're getting someone who can provide relevant info.

I wonder how often the scouts already in the organization take looks back on prior opinions to learn from what they got right and wrong.

maybe this draft past he was doing contract work and proved worthy of a job?

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
Wayne Gretzky only has 5.5% of Canada's assists and 3.6% of its goals. What a f***in bum.

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
Hopefully this means we’ll draft more Russians, and this past draft wasn’t just an aberration. And hopefully he convinces the Sabres to target Ilya Nazarov as a FA.

The aim is to draft more good players. Not more players from any particular country.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad