Confirmed with Link: Sabres Acquire Rights to Jimmy Vesey Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Onslow

Mar 25, 2015
Here and There
Honestly, at this point I'm not gonna be all that bummed if the Sabres lose out on him.

I am ready for all of this to be over, however

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Honestly, at this point I'm not gonna be all that bummed if the Sabres lose out on him.

I am ready for all of this to be over, however

I'd be thrilled if he came to Buffalo; I could careless if he went to PHI, BOS, CHI, ETC; I'd be ticked if he went to TO.

cybresabre

prōject positivity
Feb 27, 2002
+
Names changes take a bit longer, so I expect he'll have to work way past August 15.

But Byron Vesey doesn't sound that bad.
I am pretty sure he's insinuating that Jimmy is marrying Paul Byron then taking his name.

Vesey to the Habs (asd5)

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
I've moved on mentally. If he signs it's a bonus at this point. That being said gifting him top 6 minutes wouldn't be my style anyways so it's whatever at this point.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA

If he is going to talk to 4-5 other teams expect him to meet with 1 team per day then taking a couple of days to decide who he signs with...looking at August 22 or 23 before he decides.

In the 15th I expect him to be signed within the first few hours he becomes a FA .
I have to believe he had his mind set all along.
I think he will be a Bryon monday.

he cant talk to other teams until August 16.....

http://cdn.agilitycms.com/nhlpacom/PDF/NHL_NHLPA_2013_CBA.pdf

article 8.6 (c) college players

(c) College Players.
(i) If a Player drafted at age 18 or 19 is a bona fide college student at the time
of his selection in the Entry Draft, or becomes a bona fide college student
prior to the first June 1 following his selection in the Entry Draft, and
remains a bona fide college student through the graduation of his college
class, his drafting Club shall retain the exclusive right of negotiation for
his services through and including the August 15 following the graduation
of his college class. The Club need not make a Bona Fide Offer to such
Player to retain such rights.

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
If he is going to talk to 4-5 other teams expect him to meet with 1 team per day then taking a couple of days to decide who he signs with...looking at August 22 or 23 before he decides.

he cant talk to other teams until August 16.....

http://cdn.agilitycms.com/nhlpacom/PDF/NHL_NHLPA_2013_CBA.pdf

article 8.6 (c) college players

(c) College Players.
(i) If a Player drafted at age 18 or 19 is a bona fide college student at the time
of his selection in the Entry Draft, or becomes a bona fide college student
prior to the first June 1 following his selection in the Entry Draft, and
remains a bona fide college student through the graduation of his college
class, his drafting Club shall retain the exclusive right of negotiation for
his services through and including the August 15 following the graduation
of his college class. The Club need not make a Bona Fide Offer to such
Player to retain such rights.

Was thinking the same thing, can't wait until this is over.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
I think he will be done meeting with the 4-5 other teams by Thursday or Friday, and makes his decision Friday or Saturday. I think he, as much as anyone, wants the process to be over with. The Vesey camp will look to bury the news on a summer weekend that's also the final weekend of the Olympics. I'll be shocked if we don't have a resolution this time next weekend.

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
I think he will be done meeting with the 4-5 other teams by Thursday or Friday, and makes his decision Friday or Saturday. I think he, as much as anyone, wants the process to be over with. The Vesey camp will look to bury the news on a summer weekend that's also the final weekend of the Olympics. I'll be shocked if we don't have a resolution this time next weekend.

Only a month left until preseason at that point.

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
Going on two complete threads for a prospect who probably isn't even ours.

Will be hilarious if he's a tweener or flames out like every other senior Hobey Baker winner. "Oh, but he's bigger." Ok, let's see....

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
Going on two complete threads for a prospect who probably isn't even ours.

Will be hilarious if he's a tweener or flames out like every other senior Hobey Baker winner. "Oh, but he's bigger." Ok, let's see....

It itsn't very often when a potential top 6 player may or not decide to chose to play for our team. I don't see why two threads is surprising. Its the off-season and there's almost nothing else to talk about.

gallagt01

Jun 10, 2006
Sloan
It seems people complaining about the amount of discussion (some mistake that for "hype") surrounding Vesey don't have a firm grip on the reality of the situation.

We're talking about a free player that currently IS Buffalo property and may be able to slide right into our top six...and we're talking about him in the DEAD SUMMER MONTHS.

It's pretty much the only Sabre-centric thing worth talking about right now. Few people are proclaiming Vesey to be a surefire superstar.

"It'll be hilarious if he flames out like every other senior Hobey winner..." Yeah, totally hilarious. :shakehead

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
It seems people complaining about the amount of discussion (some mistake that for "hype") surrounding Vesey don't have a firm grip on the reality of the situation.

We're talking about a free player that currently IS Buffalo property and may be able to slide right into our top six...and we're talking about him in the DEAD SUMMER MONTHS.

It's pretty much the only Sabre-centric thing worth talking about right now. Few people are proclaiming Vesey to be a surefire superstar.

"It'll be hilarious if he flames out like every other senior Hobey winner..." Yeah, totally hilarious. :shakehead
hes not free, he cost a 3rd rounder

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY

This seems like the most logical way for this to play out.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Probably clarifying things with Sabres before talking to other teams. Basically refreshing the Sabres offer/ situation in his mind before making comparisons to other teams offers/situations.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
The Sabres probably requested a meeting once he went to FA (or close) just so they get their presentation in his mind while he listens to other teams. Makes sense. You want to make sure he hasn't forgotten about your presentation because it was so long ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad