Confirmed with Link: Sabres Acquire Rights to Jimmy Vesey Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas
So when are we expecting to hear anything, end of this week? Murray said he'd be meeting with Vesey this week, no?

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
So when are we expecting to hear anything, end of this week? Murray said he'd be meeting with Vesey this week, no?

I've stopped expecting anything, I'll either be pleasantly surprised with an announcement or I'll just move on from the Vesey circus. I hope we get him, but after the Okposo signing he's not as critical.

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
This Vesey might end up being the most overhyped winger to join the Sabres since Dale McCourt or Buddy Cloutier.

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
Boston rolled their Vesey thread over on 6/23 when the first one reached 1000 posts. We should be ashamed.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Would his brother's comments be considered tampering (he's a Leafs prospect)?

Since his family has said that Nolan is going to go the UFA route, as well, I doubt you would get anything like that to stick.

If he came out and said that Toronto's offer will be too good to refuse, then maybe.

It's not like Minnesota got hit with tampering charges on Reilly. I think the NHL stays away from stuff like that when it is family involved. Plus, players generally get more leeway when it comes to stuff like that, as well.

GMs, coaches, and owners need to watch what they say. Players generally get to voice their opinions more freely.

Eichel was asked about Vesey prior to the trade and he didn't go "No Comment".

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
Lou Lam's bonus policy pretty much eliminates Toronto, no? If he's sticking to his guns with Auston Matthews, a #1 overall pick, I doubt he bends to Jimmy Vesey. Plus, Vesey is a smart kid and I have to imagine he's aware of the perception people will have if he does end up in Toronto.

I think Toronto will be on the "short list," but be eliminated relatively early in the process. I think it'll be Buffalo, Boston, NY Rangers, or Philly - as I've said, I think the Flyers are a real dark horse.

Havok89

Oct 26, 2010
Lou Lam's bonus policy pretty much eliminates Toronto, no? If he's sticking to his guns with Auston Matthews, a #1 overall pick, I doubt he bends to Jimmy Vesey. Plus, Vesey is a smart kid and I have to imagine he's aware of the perception people will have if he does end up in Toronto.

I think Toronto will be on the "short list," but be eliminated relatively early in the process. I think it'll be Buffalo, Boston, NY Rangers, or Philly - as I've said, I think the Flyers are a real dark horse.

Chicago and Pittsburgh too. A lot of good options for Vesey, I don't think it looks too good for us unless he REALLY wants to play with Eichel.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Chicago and Pittsburgh too. A lot of good options for Vesey, I don't think it looks too good for us unless he REALLY wants to play with Eichel.

Vesey wants to play in the north east. Chicago won't be in the running.

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
Informal poll - how many of you think that he's already made up his mind as to where he's playing, and is just making excuses about waiting until August 15 because he can't really say otherwise?

I don't even think I'm a homer when I say that the Sabres offer him the best situation beyond just playing with Jack. Owner and management support, rising team, spot for him in the top six, hockey crazy city, etc. I don't know if he's waiting to be pitched or just waiting out the time until he can sign with Boston or Toronto. Either way I'm getting annoyed.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
Informal poll - how many of you think that he's already made up his mind as to where he's playing, and is just making excuses about waiting until August 15 because he can't really say otherwise?

I don't even think I'm a homer when I say that the Sabres offer him the best situation beyond just playing with Jack. Owner and management support, rising team, spot for him in the top six, hockey crazy city, etc. I don't know if he's waiting to be pitched or just waiting out the time until he can sign with Boston or Toronto. Either way I'm getting annoyed.

If he'd made up his mind in favor of the Sabres he'd have signed and joined the team for dev camp.

Edit: I misread. I wouldn't be surprised if he's made up his mind to join a different team and is simply waiting until he's able to.

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
If he'd made up his mind in favor of the Sabres he'd have signed and joined the team for dev camp.

Edit: I misread. I wouldn't be surprised if he's made up his mind to join a different team and is simply waiting until he's able to.

This is exactly why I doubt he's coming here. Toronto or Boston are his preferred destinations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad