Confirmed with Link: Sabres acquire Jordan Samuels-Thomas (signed 7/12 to 1yr ELC)

Namejs

Dec 24, 2011
Oslo
sarcasm detector broken?
Sarcasm sort of implies that Moskau was mocking someone/making a reference to something. I'm still not sure what he meant by that.

Is there someone on these boards who always posts stuff like that or something? I guess that would make sense. :)

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
Since some of you don't do the Twitter thing:

Jordan SamuelsThomas @SamuelsThomas19 6h
At the airport destination @BuffaloSabres Dev. Camp. Feel extremely blessed to have been traded to such a first class organization! #Sabres

Jordan SamuelsThomas @SamuelsThomas19 2h
It didn't take long for someone to ask if I was a new @buffalobills .Needless to say it was akward when I reached for my sticks. #Sabres
Glad to hear he is positive about the trade. I wonder if the Sabres are working on his contract. They could use D camp as an audition. Just one final check on if he is a good fit.

Bills need some of the Sabres international diversity and the Sabres need more diversity of color.

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
Looks like a move for Rochester for sure, but does Samuels-Thomas have any NHL upside?

A few people on another board I post on who've seen him play who follow college hockey said he's a bit slow on the uptake and that he does not use his size properly. Either way its a nice add for Rochester.

Cirris

Nov 10, 2006
Crackport
Well, lets hope the Sabres can at least sign him. He's in no hurry. In a month he'll be a UFA and could try and get even closer to Connecticut and sign with Boston or NYR.

ZeroPT*

Sarcasm sort of implies that Moskau was mocking someone/making a reference to something. I'm still not sure what he meant by that.

Is there someone on these boards who always posts stuff like that or something? I guess that would make sense. :)

when he said it was a terrible trade, he was joking.

WNY to NoVA

May 16, 2011
signed

Buffalo Sabres ‏@BuffaloSabres
NEWS: The #Sabres have signed Jordan Samuels-Thomas (@SamuelsThomas19) to a one-year, entry-level contract. Details to follow.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
SABRES INK SAMUELS-THOMAS: http://sabresdigitalpressbox.com/2014/07/12/sabres-ink-samuels-thomas/
BUFFALO, N.Y. (July 12, 2014) ---The Buffalo Sabres today announced that the team has signed forwardJordan Samuels-Thomas to a one-year, entry level contract.

The Sabres acquired the rights to Samuels-Thomas (6’4â€, 215 lbs., 5/28/90) on July 9 from the Winnipeg Jets in exchange for a conditional seventh-round pick in the 2015 NHL Entry Draft.

The West Hartford, Connecticut native appeared in 34 games in his second season at Quinnipiac University during the 2013-14 season, compiling 29 points (13+16) and 46 penalty minutes. Samuels-Thomas was selected by the Atlanta Thrashers in the seventh round (203rd overall) of the 2009 NHL Entry Draft.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
Is he slow or fast? Some posters are saying he's slow as molasses and some prospect profiles say he's a great skater.

Bps21*

Without seeing even one second of film I'm going to guess that the answer is slow speed but strong on his skates and hard to knock off the puck. Which would lead to the discrepancy.

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
I would like to know that as well. If he has good wheels, then I'm about 300% more excited than if it he slow.

dotcommunism

Aug 16, 2007
Waiver exempt for 2 years or 60 NHL games. Will be eligible for unrestricted free agency in 2017. Just for reference.

Bps21*

I'll sacrifice speed for possession every single time in a bottom line guy. How fast a guy who might one day play with Cody McCormick is is of little concern to me. Our top 6 being full of average at best skaters (ennis and Girgensons are good...everyone else meh) is the thing.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Is he slow or fast? Some posters are saying he's slow as molasses and some prospect profiles say he's a great skater.

As a Jets fan and a prospect guy I have been following him lots past 3 years. I don't think he is slow at all. He is for sure no blazer but his speed is meh to below average. Decent enough agility however he does not need it really since his strength allows to protect and steal the puck without agility. Fine for a grinder (which is what he projects to anyways). He is strong on his skates though, likes to hit, and protects pretty well. Which is where skating and strength is more prevalent. His hands are quite superb as well.

Really I think you guys got a fine one here. I can for sure him being a 4th line call up as soon as this year and pushing for a spot next year (15-16). Hoping for the best from him. Happy to get your guys 7th for a prospect that didn't want to sign so far from home.

JCLiponfanboy*

Looks like a move for Rochester for sure, but does Samuels-Thomas have any NHL upside?

He has a low chance of becoming a bottom 6 player, but hey, It's for a 7th rounder. Honestly I am pissed that we didn't sign him.

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012
As a Jets fan and a prospect guy I have been following him lots past 3 years. I don't think he is slow at all. He is for sure no blazer but his speed is meh to below average. Decent enough agility however he does not need it really since his strength allows to protect and steal the puck without agility. Fine for a grinder (which is what he projects to anyways). He is strong on his skates though, likes to hit, and protects pretty well. Which is where skating and strength is more prevalent. His hands are quite superb as well.

Really I think you guys got a fine one here. I can for sure him being a 4th line call up as soon as this year and pushing for a spot next year (15-16). Hoping for the best from him. Happy to get your guys 7th for a prospect that didn't want to sign so far from home.

=slow

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
Jordan Samuels-Thomas speaks with SabresTV's Dan Dunleavy about joining the Sabres:

[nhl]628437[/nhl]

I don't know how he plays the game yet, but he seems like the kind of guy you're just glad is in the organization. Especially glad if he can mentor his peers on physical development.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
Looking very much like a Power Forward:
10551085_10152486404002954_8356928789699680439_n.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad