Post-Game Talk: S-H-U-T-O-U-T Jets win 5-0.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
The nice thing about playing a team like Nashville is it's quick and easy to read their GDT to collect their thoughts during a game. Most other teams track too fast to keep up. **** reading through 33+ pages of bull****. I couldn't help but notice how dismissive some of them were towards the Jets before the game. Considering our two team's placements in the Central, I didn't think they had the luxury of being dismissive.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
The nice thing about playing a team like Nashville is it's quick and easy to read their GDT to collect their thoughts during a game. Most other teams track too fast to keep up. **** reading through 33+ pages of bull****. I couldn't help but notice how dismissive some of them were towards the Jets before the game. Considering our two team's placements in the Central, I didn't think they had the luxury of being dismissive.

Nashville is not alone in that feeling.....I 've noticed it allot more this year. on XM NHL network last night the guys on the show were saying Nashville must of really not shown up to lose that bad to Winnipeg.

It's ok though because respect has to be earned and when people see us in last place in the division the optics are not good even though our division has been lights out.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I hear what you're saying, but I'm still not convinced that we've optimized our pairings like that. IMO we could achieve better balance by using Bogosian on the 2nd pairing with Pardy and Clitsome on the third pairing with Ellerby.

Clitsome actually hasn't been that bad this season, and nowhere near as bad as his -12 would indicate. Bogosian is more just frustrating than anything, we all know how effective he can be.

Much like LLW, I see Buff-Enstrom as a proven entity that was broken up as a knee-jerk reaction.

I can agree with you putting Buff and Toby back together, once Trouba is back to play on the 2nd pairing with Bogo. IMO Bogo plays way too many minutes and too tough of minutes for Pardy to play 2nd pairing with him. I'm okay with a Clitsome-Ellerby 3rd pairing.

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
How was Seth Jones?

Like the rest of the team his night was not memorable. One play that was different was Bogo dumped the puck in and chased it and Seth was the man back and Bogo really ran him. As they were coming up the ice side by side there were words and Bogo knocked the stick out of his hand. Not sure what was up?

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
It's incredible how our team responds to a few fights. Keep Pardy

OT allert

Ok the Avy is freaking me out......that picture of stu could be my twin at the same age. Weird thing is I met Stu last year and I don't look anything like him now?

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
Regardless of how you enter the zone, how do you sustain zone time (offensive pressure) without being able to recover, cycle the puck and win board battles?

Needing to cycle and win battles down low is unavoidable, but there's a huge difference between being a team that relies on it to gain possession vs. sustain possession off an initial rush.

Savagestevo

Nov 29, 2011

Nashville has quite a lot of Atlanta Thrasher fan transplants so that would probably explain the animosity.

RonJon

May 18, 2011
Many people were of the opinion that this 6 game stretch, Chi - Det would not make us but certainly break us with anything less than .500, and that in fact .500 would be considered a success. Well 2 tough games left but a win puts us there. Will Jekyll n Hyde surprise us or seal our fate?

PegCityPuck

Mar 8, 2012
It was a fun first period. Then the Pardy fight and then nothing...Pavs looked rested and sharp. The rest of the team looked the same to me. We have a hard time with puck possession. But at least we are skating and putting the effort in. Even Jokinen skates!....[Buff is the sole exemption from pretty much everything hockey related cause he is just, well...Buff]

In the past I have pointed the finger at the coach. I am beginning to wonder about that now...

We can barely possess the puck. When we do manage to get a shot or a pass off we barely get it off in time. /skill

We are awful 4 on 4. The more room there is on the ice the worse we look. /skill

Every once and while we play this trap type system with no forecheck where we clog up the neutral zone. We have been awful at it but last night we actually got an odd man rush out of it. I think we are actually getting better at it. It is brutal to watch but we are getting better at it. /coaching

I think we saw a lot of what Helen Kelerby has to offer last night. Why not bring up some guys from the Ice Caps and give them some NHL time. Wouldn't it make more sense to give some of these AHL guys on the cusp of an NHL career some NHL time rather than pick up the left overs that no one wants. /management

The responsibility for this teams performance lies with everyone involved in the Jet's organization...players, coaching & management in other words ----->TNSE [Chipman & Thompson]

Oh wait we won 5 - 0

...nevermind

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
It is hard to believe no one picked up Pardy when he was waived.

I'm more shocked that Pardy was a healthy when Postma was playing and then was sent to St. Johns, guy is clearly better than Postma and I would bet Stu as well.

Savagestevo

Nov 29, 2011
It is hard to believe no one picked up Pardy when he was waived.

I don't really think Pardy is that good, honestly. Maybe he isn't worse than any of the other bottom pairing guys but I constantly get nervous when he's on the ice. I'm more comfortable with Ellerby right now but he hasn't had much of a chance to make me hate it whenever he's near the puck yet.

PegCityPuck

Mar 8, 2012
Pardy is okay in my book. I am a bit skeptical of Helen Kelerby. i don't care how cute he is (FYI:not my words I don't think he is cute lol).

Savagestevo

Nov 29, 2011
I'm more shocked that Pardy was a healthy when Postma was playing and then was sent to St. Johns, guy is clearly better than Postma and I would bet Stu as well.

Pardy won't be getting any better, Postma might. If Pardy is better than Postma it's probably only a marginal difference.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
@DarrinBauming: Now that the caffeine has kicked in, I see that Blake Wheeler is missing from today's #NHLJets skate.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Offensive upside and skating has Postma way ahead imo.

What's troubling as Postma approaches 25 years old is that his play in his own end has yet to improve nor has he gotten stronger to move guys from the front of his own net.

HPsauce

Jul 3, 2011
Winnipeg
Offensive upside and skating has Postma way ahead imo.

Disagree. Postma can skate and have all the offensive upside in the world, but he cannot move the puck out of our zone, it takes him forever to get turned around with the puck and move it.

Pardy plays a simple game, and he's very large and strong and can use that to his advantage if he makes mistakes. He's quicker then Stu and still has a physical element.

Imo:

Toby-Buff
Bogo-Trouba
Pardy-Stu

or

Toby-Buff
Stu-Bogo (has worked in the past)
Pardy-Trouba

Clitsome sucks, and after watching Ellerby back up right into Pavs on a 2 on 1, im not sure there is much hope for this guy.

KCjetsfan

Jul 14, 2012
Gardner KS
I'm not shocked by this but I think absence has built up trouba to a point that he will likely achieve in the future but is currently nowhere near.

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I'm not shocked by this but I think absence has built up trouba to a point that he will likely achieve in the future but is currently nowhere near.

in what sense KC? Just the hype train in general or something past that? I think Jacob is good and capable of playing top 4 minutes and growing into the role. I think he has adapted remarkably well but he still is raw and makes his mistakes. savior......not yet.....could we use him in the line up....absolutely, or at least that is where I come down anyways.

wpgsilver

Jun 14, 2011
Winnipeg
Just thought I'd pop back in to reiterate how pleased I am with Pavs' play. Games like that are very encouraging. I think we know that he has that ability, I just want to see it consistently.
Good on Pavs. It'll beat back some of the haters, including me for a couple of days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad