Post-Game Talk: S-H-U-T-O-U-T Jets win 5-0.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KCjetsfan

Jul 14, 2012
Gardner KS
in what sense KC? Just the hype train in general or something past that? I think Jacob is good and capable of playing top 4 minutes and growing into the role. I think he has adapted remarkably well but he still is raw and makes his mistakes. savior......not yet.....could we use him in the line up....absolutely, or at least that is where I come down anyways.

I think he's more than capable for last pairing minutes with some special teams play. He's only played a handful of games and is still learning. It's not like there's anything glaringly wrong with his game in my view.

I'm not sure it's the hype train, or just seeing what we want to see, but for all the crap we throw buff's way about his offensive forays, Trouba never got any of that when he'd wander in too deep and get caught out of position. He's made Bogo-like gaffes in his own zone but those get swept under the rug when we blast Bogo (somewhat legitimately) for his play this year.

Don't get me wrong, all signs point to him being an elite d-man sooner rather than later, but he is not there yet and we need to remember that - something I think is easier to forget when we haven't seen him play in weeks.

Savagestevo

Nov 29, 2011
I think he's more than capable for last pairing minutes with some special teams play. He's only played a handful of games and is still learning. It's not like there's anything glaringly wrong with his game in my view.

I'm not sure it's the hype train, or just seeing what we want to see, but for all the crap we throw buff's way about his offensive forays, Trouba never got any of that when he'd wander in too deep and get caught out of position. He's made Bogo-like gaffes in his own zone but those get swept under the rug when we blast Bogo (somewhat legitimately) for his play this year.

Don't get me wrong, all signs point to him being an elite d-man sooner rather than later, but he is not there yet and we need to remember that - something I think is easier to forget when we haven't seen him play in weeks.

People hold back from blasting Trouba because this is his first time getting some professional action, Bogo and Buff get criticized more for it because they've been around the block a few times.

KCjetsfan

Jul 14, 2012
Gardner KS
People hold back from blasting Trouba because this is his first time getting some professional action, Bogo and Buff get criticized more for it because they've been around the block a few times.

I agree - my point isn't that we should be using the same standards to judge/criticize, but that holding back the criticism doesn't mean that the faults aren't still there.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
To me this doesn't make sense. Bogo is off this season, but he still is a team leading +7 playing some heavy minutes. But if he is a train-wreck pairing him with a bigger train-wreck in the -12 Clitsome can't be a good thing? IMO the Jets with their current injury situation are much more balanced on the backend separating Buff and Enstrom. Again IMO Enstrom is playing his best hockey as a Jet paired with the Train-wreck Bogosian.

Clitsome again has his 'moments' but those moments are surrounded by lots of really solid play IMHO. He has to eliminate the brain cramps. I wonder how many of his -'s can be pinned on Byfuglien?

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Really enjoyed watching 'good Pav' tonight. Well earned shutout, he tracked the puck well, controlled the rebounds and handled the puck adequately. Hopefully the lesson Noel gets from this is that he needs to rest Pav. I think Monty can play 30 games.

The Jets got very sloppy in this game. When you are up 4-0 after the first that can happen but this team cannot afford to get lazy. We need to demonstrate we can play good for large stretches.

Still don't like Thorburn in for Peluso, though I thought 22 wasn't bad per se. Buff and Enstrom should be together. Bogo should play with Pardy and Clitsome and Ellerby should be on the bottom pair, though I wouldn't mind seeing if Bogo and Ellerby have chemistry. Can't wait for JT to come back.

Still want Noel fired. That doesn't change after one game (especially since we pretty much sucked in the second half). Our PP still sucks. Since Noel thinks he doesn't have anyone good to put out there, have they just given up trying to improve it? Just weak IMO.

Savagestevo

Nov 29, 2011
I agree - my point isn't that we should be using the same standards to judge/criticize, but that holding back the criticism doesn't mean that the faults aren't still there.

At this point I guess we assume those faults will go away over time as he gets more action. If he keeps making them like Buff and Bogo do then he'll get criticized for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->