Prospect Info: Ryker Evans ( Round 2, 35 overall)

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
He certainly is. He is keeping up his PPG pace with or without Bedard on the roster. The only thing of note is that he was an overager when we drafted him.

He's done with the WHL after this season so its AHL probably for him next season.

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
Boy, the dude is fantastic. He's got all the look of a 1st round pick and he went in the 2nd and everybody shat on the pick. Hope he ends up as good as his potential is starting to look.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Boy, the dude is fantastic. He's got all the look of a 1st round pick and he went in the 2nd and everybody shat on the pick. Hope he ends up as good as his potential is starting to look.

They shat on him primarily because he was an overager when we drafted him. And to be honest, that can make a big difference in production in the juniors. He has kept his production at the same pace in his D+1 year as well and I really like what he brings to the table but next year will be the real test in the AHL.

Playing against men we will tell us a lot more as to how he projects at the pro level.

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
We're approaching the end of the WHL season (for Regina most likely at least). Curious what you guys think the future of Ryker Evans looks like. He's had a pretty good season playing on a pretty bad team that coincidentally has a potential generational player on it. He's 20, and a December birthday (which is why he's an overager, I'm betting).

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
We're approaching the end of the WHL season (for Regina most likely at least). Curious what you guys think the future of Ryker Evans looks like. He's had a pretty good season playing on a pretty bad team that coincidentally has a potential generational player on it. He's 20, and a December birthday (which is why he's an overager, I'm betting).
Hard to say since I have never seen him play. Based on stats and his team makeup, he looks like a good 2-way D-man at his level but next season will tell us more when I expect he plays in the AHL. If he does good enough he could potentially be an injury call up too but I think he may need 1-2 seasons in the AHL to make any jump to the NHL.

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany

Everything I've read from the team is that he's expected to sign his ELC and start playing with the Firebirds next season.

Reactions: The Marquis

Irie

Nov 14, 2010
Pacific Northwest
I was looking at it and thinking they were out, but I didn't see that they had 2 games in hand. I'd say they have a pretty good shot even of barely scooting in.
And they have to play all three in three days :help:

*edit* and the 1st two games are going to be against the best team in the league:help:x 2

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
I see Ryker just signed. When will he play?

He'll join the Charlotte Checkers, probably for the rest of the season.

I expect him to try and fight for a spot during training camp but most likely starting next season with the Firebirds and possibly getting a couple of NHL games(depending how the Kraken's season goes) at the end of next year.

BTW: Like stated in the article, his ELC starts next season(2022-23).

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Dunn, Oleksiak, Soucy and possibly Fluery on the left, there's no reason to rush the kid. Let him get used to the pro game and the Kraken system. If you trade Soucy at the deadline then you can bring him up for a few games if he's shown to be ready. Nothing wrong with letting your prospects marinate for a season or two in the AHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad