Proposal: Ryane Clowe

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
I think Ference is just pressing- he wants to stay here and he 'knows' somewhere even if in the back of his brain he has a few things going against him. I think he is an exceptional bottom pair guy. I spent the entire Washington game watching him to the point standing infront of my huge HD-TV to get a better look and he played very well....between him and watching Hendricks it was like work.

He's a bottom pair guy who has a little bit of everything- has played very well in his time here, probably wont be back, but he's a tough kid and we usually like tough kids

Maybe just me but I think he's getting way to much blame here and he's not even one of my death/hate-to-all-who-disagree guys:nod:

So you'd wanna go McQuaid/Ference 3rd pair in the playoffs? Or do you want to get rid of McQuaid? Or do you want to play Hamilton regular mins on a top 2 in the playoffs? I think pretty highly of McQuaid, and would hate to lose him...and I can't see Clode playing Hamilton anywhere but 3rd pair in the playoffs.

I've always liked Andy. Who wouldn't? But as I get older I become less attached and okay with moving on when I see problems. I've seen Ference make poor mental decisions on the cycle since last year's playoffs. Physical mistakes are one thing, but consistant mental mistakes/poor choices that end up in disaster in our own end drive me nuts. Ference has been a shade better this year, but it's still there, and also highlights just how out to lunch he was in the playoffs IMO.

Also, as I get older haha, playoff performance weighs a tun with me. Sure, Boychuk has had some hiccups too, but I've been either happy or satisfied with his playoffs. You could guess what kind of leesh a guy like Krejci gets with me. Heh.

Well, I guess we just see Ference differntly. We'll see what Chia does.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
I wouldn't offer much for Clowe. He's trending down in every category for 3 consecutive years.
Tough ? You bet. But he hasn't been much of an impact guy since 10- 11. That as his peak. He had a goal for every nine shots. This year he is 0 for 47 and counting.

Bruinator

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Toronto
I wouldn't offer much for Clowe. He's trending down in every category for 3 consecutive years.
Tough ? You bet. But he hasn't been much of an impact guy since 10- 11. That as his peak. He had a goal for every nine shots. This year he is 0 for 47 and counting.

But Wally, the whole team is struggling there to score goals, not just him. A frsh start could be just what the Dr ordered. The guy was born to be a Bruin.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
But Wally, the whole team is struggling there to score goals, not just him. A frsh start could be just what the Dr ordered. The guy was born to be a Bruin.

2 years ago, absolutely. Just wouldn't give up too much to get him now. I'd love his toughness but not for a top prospect or a number one.

Not with that trend and zero output.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad